10 replies to this topic

#1 ExCymbaltaUser

ExCymbaltaUser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:37 PM

I have become thoroughly disgusted with western medicine in general, and the psychopharmeceutical industry specifically
I no longer trust psychiatrists to be anything more than big pharma lap dogs with no real interest in the patients' long term health

this being the case I have turned to natural and alternative practices for my healthcare needs
i have been happily and continually surprised how gentle, yet powerfully effective they can be.

Chinese herbal protocols have remissed my lyme disease
and now, in one session, auriculotherapy has pushed back my withdrawal symptoms almost completely ...
just a couple VERY minor brain whooshes since my session

auriculotherapy is akin to acupuncture, working with certain points in your body, but with auriculotherapy, all the points that are used are in the ear.
some places use needles, some places use "seeds," little metal balls on an adhesive backing that continue to press into the points in your ear for days after the session

i am stunned, amazed, and brilliantly relieved ... i feel human again
my practitioner used a particular protocol designed for heroin addict withdrawals

i would highly recommend looking into this to help ease withdrawal symptoms

YMMV

good luck! and hang on, there IS hope!

#2 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:15 PM

What withdrawal symptoms did the auriculotherapy help with???

#3 ExCymbaltaUser

ExCymbaltaUser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:31 PM

What withdrawal symptoms did the auriculotherapy help with???

Out of all the symptoms I listed here, I am only still experiencing heightened emotions/crying more than usual (probably due more to not being on the meds more than anything), an occasional head whoosh, (but i mean like 1-2 since Sunday rather than all day long as they had been,) and some mild headache that could be pollen related.

I feel calm, grounded, and able to function. I'm sleeping again. I am not suicidal or depressed. My brain is holding still. When I arrived at my practitioner's office, I was agitated, exhibiting pressured speech, and sweating like mad.

I can't say that everyone will have the same response, and I don't know how long the effects will last. But I feel almost normal again. I can't say anyone is more surprised than I.

But I am so very very grateful.

#4 ExCymbaltaUser

ExCymbaltaUser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:21 PM

I will add that it is only temporary. while my symptoms have decreased since the last treatment the effects of withdrawal overall have lessened, they are still back after having them totally gone after the auriculotherapy treatment. my practitioner recommends weekly treatments. i may have to see abt some more visits. right now i feel like i want to rip my own head off because i am trapped inside my body with all these emotions.

#5 TexasWeatherGirl

TexasWeatherGirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC area

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:27 AM

Thanks for the information... sending you hugs and hope you have gotten some relief since your post.

#6 reidargos

reidargos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:32 AM

Does anyone get headaches from Cymbalta withdrawel. I have had them for three days now and they are driving me crazy.

#7 ExCymbaltaUser

ExCymbaltaUser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:20 AM

headaches, yes, wicked bad ones, even my brain itself felt like it had been beat up and was sore and bruised. they finally went away. good luck, hope you feel better soon.

#8 sparkybird

sparkybird

Advanced Member

• Site Supporter
  • 48 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • why_joining:
    Problems with withdrawal

Posted 14 March 2018 - 11:09 AM

What has helped with the headaches?

#9 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:04 PM

You know Sparkybird, Something I just remember from some of the old posts. A lot of times the headaches were due to low blood sugar. Easy way to tell ... eat a candy bar and see if it gets better or goes away.

#10 sparkybird

sparkybird

Advanced Member

• Site Supporter
  • 48 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • why_joining:
    Problems with withdrawal

Posted 14 March 2018 - 02:02 PM

Great advice. Thanks

#11 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:47 AM

Let me know how it turns out if you would. That is how I learn is from you guys. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users