2 replies to this topic

#1 TexasWeatherGirl

TexasWeatherGirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC area

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:27 PM

Well....just got off the fone with my Dr and she is supportive of me trying to come of Cymbalta. So, starting tomorrow I will go down to 30mg from 60mg. I did notice that many folks on here do not seem to have all the withdrawal symptoms on that first decrease and am hoping that will include me. So....plz send prayers....good vibes....thoughts...energy this way. I'm gonna need it I'm afraid.

#2 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:25 PM

Well....just got off the fone with my Dr and she is supportive of me trying to come of Cymbalta. So, starting tomorrow I will go down to 30mg from 60mg. I did notice that many folks on here do not seem to have all the withdrawal symptoms on that first decrease and am hoping that will include me. So....plz send prayers....good vibes....thoughts...energy this way. I'm gonna need it I'm afraid.

In case the drop from 60mg to 30mg is too big, you could ask your doctor if you could decrease from 60mg, to 50mg, then 40mg, then 30mg, then 20 mg.
Cymbalta also comes in 20mg presentation. So for example 50mg (taking a 30mg pill + a 20mg pill), 40mg (two 20mg pills).

#3 TexasWeatherGirl

TexasWeatherGirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC area

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:56 AM

Thanks Cookie! I will definitely keep that in mind. She wants to see me in 2 weeks to see how it's going before we really take on any additional weening plans. So, I think that's a good thing! She's taking it in little chunks rather than just laying it all out and leaving me to my own devices. So...we'll see!!! :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users