• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mperry243

mperry243

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:44 PM

My doctor put me on 20 mg of Cymbalta around 2 ..maybe 3 years ago. It worked very well for a while, but eventually I was completely depressed again. Sooo.....the doctor increased it .... & once my body became use to that dosage, he increased it again. & again & again. Now I'm taking 120 mg every day. & after 3 months on this dosage, I can tell that my body has become immune to it as well. I want to quit Cymbalta completely but have felt the awful withdrawals after missing only one dose. I feel like stopping the medicine will be living hell, only to end up completely miserable with my life all over again.

#2 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:58 PM

I know what you mean. My dosage was also increased again and again. I found that higher doses didn´t bring any additional benefits only more side effects. I also felt my body was inmune to it. I am not a doctor. The only thing I can tell you based on my own experience is to taper very slowly. You have been taking a very high dose, that´s why you feel bad missing doses. But if you decrease little by little you will suffer less intensity of symptoms.

#3 JAMIE1975

JAMIE1975

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida
  • why_joining:
    have been on Cymbalta for years and know what it's like to try to get off

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:14 PM

You should never have been given more than 60mg per day. There is no proof that increasing the dose helps. I know due to the fact that I've been on this crap for 7 yrs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users