• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DJKR

DJKR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:39 AM

Hi, I am new here, but have been browsing everyone's posts to try to figure out the best way to get off my Cymbalta. I have been having terrible sweats and have been emotionally numb for many many years while taking 60 mg Cymbalta. I am finally tired of it all and want to get off of Cymbalta and see what normal is again after 5 or more years of taking it. I started taking it to get through menopause. If I would forget a pill or two I would get terrible body aches and flu like symptoms and would turn mean in an instant. This lead me to beleive that the Cymbalta was saving me from a life of horror. After reading your posts I have come to realize it is just the withdrawal symptoms starting up. After reading a lot of posts, I decided to try the taking 7 microbeads out of the capsule to start with and then 7 more extra every day after that. It was a real pain to count the little beads out and all and it may not have been perfectly right, but I am trying it this way. So far the first week all I have had is a little bit of nauseau, not bad. It will probably take me a month to wean off this way and when I get down to taking the last few pill, I will proabably aternate it to every two days and then three and so on until I am completely off. Has anyone tried this method and if you did, did you still have symptoms when you were off of it altogether. I have read that people that go from 60 to 30 and then quit have horrible symptoms so I did not want to try that, but I also don't want to try for a month to wean off and then still have the symptoms after. I guess what I am asking is whether or not this method will keep me from having the withdrawal symptoms or not. Any advice would be appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users