• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Retired

Retired

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:47 AM

I am down to 15 mg/day from a high of 60. I still have very bad ringing in the ears but the brain zaps have not been too bad due to a slow taper. I have read alot of good things about SAM-e & was wondering if anyone could recommend it in place of Cymbalta? Is it safe to take both at the same time for awhile?

#2 Retired

Retired

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:48 PM

I'd like to reply to my own post since no one else has. I finally stopped Cymbalta 3 days ago after a 2 month taper. The ringing in my ears, brain zaps, & feelings of unreality have gotten worse each day. There's no way that I could have stopped this shit while I was still working! I'm hoping, but am not sure that I can continue without this legal heroin. I thought that Effexor withdrawal was bad, but this seems to be much worse. Given its addictive properties, I can't believe the FDA ever approved this poison. SAM-E, which I have been taking for the past week, does nothing to help withdrawal, nor does Buspar. In fact, neither one seems to help in any way at all. I'm thinking about seeing a pdoc for the Prozac cure that I have read so much about.

#3 Retired

Retired

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:33 AM

After 3 days off of Cymbalta, I couldn't take it anymore & started back on 20 mg. I've scheduled an appt with a p-doc for help. This drug has me defeated at this point

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users