• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nevergivingup

Nevergivingup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:43 AM

Hi I'm from Melbourne Australia & I used to be employed as a Personal Carer caring for the elderly & disabled. I had a bad work accident(fall) & after 10 years of living in chronic pain I ended up having spine & shoulder surgery. 2 months after spine surgery I started taking Cymbalta. Nearly 2 years later my life consists of being in bed all day. Cymbalta causes extreme lethergy, everything I eat goes straight through me, occassional headaches. I am withdrawing at present because I want a life. I am sick of being so drained of energy. I can't do anything. I spend 1/2 an hour at the most out of a 24 out of bed. It terrible & I no longer want to take this awful drug. It did nothing but make my life worse. In fact it has stopped me having a life. I was taking 60mg then I reduced to 30mg for a month & the last few days I've had nothing. I do feel strange, tired, heady, off balance & struggling with chronic pain doesn't help. But I'm finally having normal bowel motions which is heaven after running to the toilet every time I'd eaten. Anyway it's great to find a place I can share & learn that I'm not alone in the battle to get off this terrible drug Cymbalta. M.

#2 madbookworm

madbookworm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:45 AM

Extreme lethargy has been rally getting to me, too. I'm very grateful that I am retired. NO WAY could I have continued to work feeling this way. I did three loads of laundry today and was so wiped out that I fell asleep - deeply - i-between laundry loads. My husband came in and tried to talk to me about something - I don't remember what - I do recall trying very hard to formulate and articulate an intelligent-sounding response, but it just came out as babbling. My husband realized that I was about 99% asleep and left me alone. I had terrible nightmares during this sleep which could either be due to the Cymbalta withdrawal or to CPTSD, which I have had for years. When I finally woke up from the nap, the memory of the nightmares left me feeling wiped-out and depressed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users