• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tomib

tomib

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:03 PM

Hey everyone newbie here. glad I found the site. I was on a low dose of Cymbalta and quit a little over a week ago and have been having chest pains. Can you have this after stopping such a low dose (30mg). I have also been emotional, panicy ( ihave panic disorder as well as major depression) but I find myself talking myself out of going to the E.R. everytime these pains come. IS this normal or what? how long does ti take?
any info is appreciated.
thanks
tomi

#2 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:46 PM

You can have withdrawals from any amount that you are on, so low dose or high dose doesn't seem to matter.

I don't recall having chest pains, and if it were me, I would get them checked out. It could be part of withdrawal, but it could be something totally unrelated, and you don't want to take a chance. If they check it out, and you are fine, that is one less thing to worry about, and if you lean towards panic episodes, worrying and feeling scared about the pain is going to make it worse. Please don't ignore this,okay?

You may or may not have some of the issues that others have had coming off of this, everyone is different, but take a few minutes and read through some of the other posts. You will likely read many things that others have felt, that you are experiencing too, and it helps to realize that some of the extreme feelings that you may be having are part of your brain trying to normalize.

There are also many ideas on supplements, and healthy foods that helped many of us too. Look around, do some reading, and please, feel free to ask any questions that you have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users