• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jolynn

jolynn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:30 PM

My doctor just prescribed Viibryd. I have been on Cymbalta for several years but my bad days were more frequent than the good ones. She did not suggest any weaning off Cymbalta before taking Viibryd. It is only day 2 but I feel like I have been hit with the flu. Was stuck in bed with depression all last week-end not I am in bed sick. Which is worse? It is the week-end so my doctor isn't in. Willing to try even with the side effects but not sure if going off Cymbalta cold turkey is a good plan.

#2 wvdude

wvdude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

I know this is a little bit old, but it is the only post on here that mentions Viibryd. Did you successfully make the switch? I'm at a bit of a crossroads right now. My Dr. reduced my dosage from 60 mg to 30 mg (for one week) while I got started on the step up package of Viibryd. I sort of would like to just have a "flush out period" before I make any decisions on taking something else, but after only a week, I'm ready to cry uncle.

Thanks in advance for any light that you can shed...

#3 rigby941

rigby941

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:44 PM

I know this is a little bit old, but it is the only post on here that mentions Viibryd. Did you successfully make the switch? I'm at a bit of a crossroads right now. My Dr. reduced my dosage from 60 mg to 30 mg (for one week) while I got started on the step up package of Viibryd. I sort of would like to just have a "flush out period" before I make any decisions on taking something else, but after only a week, I'm ready to cry uncle.

Thanks in advance for any light that you can shed...

I'm switching over to that... I'm on day 4 of Viibryd (10mg tablets - starter pack)... was on Cymbalta for about one year... 90 mg's/day....

I'm currently down to 30 mg's of Cymbalta/day, and today's been the worst, so far.

I had to have my husband hide our gun, so I wouldn't use it on myself.

I'm exhausted - was manic before, but - exhausted the 2nd part of today....

I don't think the Viibryd is "hitting" me yet...

#4 rigby941

rigby941

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:45 PM

I'm switching over to that... I'm on day 4 of Viibryd (10mg tablets - starter pack)... was on Cymbalta for about one year... 90 mg's/day....

I'm currently down to 30 mg's of Cymbalta/day, and today's been the worst, so far.

I had to have my husband hide our gun, so I wouldn't use it on myself.

I'm exhausted - was manic before, but - exhausted the 2nd part of today....

I don't think the Viibryd is "hitting" me yet...

PLEASE do not go off of Cymbalta cold turkey - taper down VERY, VERY SLOWLY.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users