• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 irnwmn05

irnwmn05

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am the victim of Cymbalta withdrawals. I am hoping to find a network of support and information regarding this. And to help others that are experiencing the same.

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:22 AM

Hi
I am new to this as I just weaned off my Cymbalta 5 days ago after being prescribed it for Fibromyalgia 2 months ago. It hit me on day 4 while on a bike ride with friends. I had chest pain, dizziness, extreme nausea, a total loss of ability to move my body. I was transported to the local ER. During the ambulance ride the EMT noted that my hearts electrical current was "odd". I was given nitro, anti-nausea drugs via an IV, and I watched helplessly in horror as my heart rate would spike along with my BP. I am a superbly fit and healthy competitive Triathlete so these numbers really scared me. I thought I was going to die or worse yet, have a stroke.
The ER medical staff ran tests, took blood, did an EKG, nothing showed up. I didn't mention Cymbalta on my med list as I was already off it and had no symptoms whatsoever prior to this, and I was never informed by my Dr that I would experience withdrawals. The ER discharged me and wrote it off as stress or a major panic attack. It wasn't until the next day when I even gave the Cymbalta a thought. On a whim, I decided to research Cymbalta and was fortunate to stumbled upon this site along with others. I am outraged to say the least. The withdrawal sites warn of an increase in suicide thoughts, I am here to tell you that the only person/people I am wanting to harm or kill is the drug company.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users