#1 autimom4ever

autimom4ever

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:30 AM

Hi all...

It is terrible how this drug is so "addicting" and I hate it...

I have been taking cymbalta for quite a few years (around 5). I am an NP that works 50 plus hours a week.
I am the main provider for the household so I CANNOT lose my job.

I am determined to get off this medication (and I agree... I feel it is total poison) but, honestly, I don't know how (I'm NOT a psych NP).
My primary doctor does not want to help (probably cause he does not know how to taper).

I have tried before on my own..... didn't work.... I was sick all the time (but was still working)..... When I became so sick that I was having shortness of breath, nausea, vomitting AND chest pain, I called my PMD and he just put me back on....

It is my body AND my decision to do this. It is the law: http://www.carolinas...ightsEng511.pdf
but why won't any of my providers help?

Any suggestions?

#2 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:59 PM

It is unbelievable how when reporting my withdrawal symptoms, all my doctor does is increase dosage.

#3 outamymind

outamymind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:40 AM

Hi guys. I'm sorry we are all going through this. It should be outlawed. Anyway, it appears from what I've read and my own experience (10 days 'clean' & still going through hell) there is no quick fix. Guts & determination to rid yourself of this poison is the only thing I can suggest. All different weaning methods, one drug replaced by another & the lack of KNOWLEDGE on the doctors' behalf - what else you gunna do?
One post from a guy in Ireland has helped me. He struggled to find anything on just how long this was going to last in any of these forums. He decided to share that after a couple of weeks he did actually start to feel human again & the horrid brain Zaps had subsided. I'm grateful for his post. It has made me stick to it.
Stay strong & rely on the people in this forum to guide you. After all, they're the only ones
that really understand how you feel. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Thinking of you :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users