3 replies to this topic

#1 canthydejekll

canthydejekll

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:46 PM

Hello,
First of all thank you for this site and all of you that have posted and let me know that I am not alone. I was put on cymbalta about 4yrs ago to help combat anxiety caused by stress on my job. In the past two years I have had every infection that the kids brought home plus some I found on my own. Finally after extensive testing my doctor decided that it was time to get cymbalta out of the picture. I was told to go down to 30 mg daily for 2 weeks than for the next 2 weeks ever other day. When I called the doctor and said that I got sick every time I skipped a dosage, I was told to go cold turkey. I did... it has been 15 days. I have experienced the gambit that most people describe. It seems now that most of the physical issues are dissapating, but the emotional ones are sky rocketing. My anger comes from no where and can quickly change to tears. I hate been out of control!

I am on fish oil, vitamin E, calm-u-nat. I just can't seem to control the emotions. I don't like losing my temper with the kids or my partner.

Any suggestions, anyone?

I hope I have not missed the answer somewhere else. I tried to look through the other postings before leaving this post.

THANK YOU

#2 Fran

Fran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:06 PM

How are you feeling now? I'm seriously considering going cold turkey even though one day without this junk makes me feel crazy. It's that feeling exactly, the effect it has, that makes me want it out of my body - NOW!

#3 Uriel

Uriel

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

HI
Another person on here added an item they are taking Alpha Lipic Acid . Research it , it sounds like a good supplement to help with detoxing and easing symptoms

#4 rigby941

rigby941

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:33 PM

It took me about one month to taper off of Cymbalta... I think that's a pretty good timeframe.

You're not taking forever to get off of it - but you DO have to deal w/ the w/drawal, too... in my mind, it's easier to not prolong getting off of it, you know?

Also - possibly switching to a BETTER antidepressant (I'm now on Viibryd) while you're tapering down and having w/drawals may help... I also think my Xanax helped me, too...

But yeah - I say don't prolong the inevitable - I'm now on day 3 of NO Cymbalta... having flu-like muscle/bone cramps, very irritable, vivid dreams... I could keep going, but - I'm glad I stopped it so the w/drawal symptoms will hopefully go away faster, you know? :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users