• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 miserable

miserable

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:26 PM

Well I'm sadden to see how many people have been affected by this drug and the irresponsibility of Dr's pushing on patients with no regard. I felt so alone and sometimes as if I was going crazy., but now I'm somehow relief to see I'm not alone. Wish I had known what I know now when my Dr. highly recommended Cymbalta for my anxiety plus it sounded like the miracle pill for my Sciatica pain as well. It was mid April of 2011 that I started taking Cymbalta while on it I experienced feeling lethargic, foggy mind at times, not too mention many times while driving I couldn't keep my eyes open & the worst part was the weight gain. Nine days ago I decided to go off completely it has been a total nightmare. Makes me scared that I'm at the point of no return. Last weekend I spend it at the hospital seem my health went south pretty quick. At the hospital I was diagnosed with "neuralgia" called my Dr immediately after released that was Monday morning, today Thursday evening and I still have not heard back from her.I been too sick to even leave the house,,, what do I do from here.,, seems so unfair that I can't even get a return call while my life seems to be on hold being that I'm too sick that I can't even get out of the house.

The past nine days I been experiencing brain zaps, body numbness with burning sensation, major headaches, itching like crazy, and not to mention I have not been able to work. Please if anyone has any suggestion on what I can do to relieve this misery let me know.I feel helpless! Please help! If anyone have any suggestion please let me know :(

#2 Anxiousmom

Anxiousmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:22 PM

Hi I am anxious mom....i have felt the same way i started in feb of 2011 and gained weight so was taken off and put on pristiq made me sick then gave ativan got sicker and now i am 25 days off. I still have electric shocks, zaps, and tremors, but it is getting better. Pray everyday and read God's word. Try to get some xanax....it helps. I get nightmares too so it's been hard getting sleep. please keep in touch. check out my posts. Best of luck.

#3 miserable

miserable

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:20 PM

Hi I am anxious mom....i have felt the same way i started in feb of 2011 and gained weight so was taken off and put on pristiq made me sick then gave ativan got sicker and now i am 25 days off. I still have electric shocks, zaps, and tremors, but it is getting better. Pray everyday and read God's word. Try to get some xanax....it helps. I get nightmares too so it's been hard getting sleep. please keep in touch. check out my posts. Best of luck.

Thank for giving me hope...today is day 10 & still going thru it all. I still can't get over the scare I went thru in the hospital when they reassured me it was something else wrong with me and not Cymbalta! Reading all this post seems like Cymbalta to me :angry:

#4 SeRviceNor

SeRviceNor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

Many thanks for the information.

#5 jillw

jillw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationToronto Aera Canada

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

I've taken Benadrl for headacks and it might help with the iching. If your getting hot flashes try flaz seed oil. As I've been tapering down it seems to be worse the second week but the end of the third I was ready to go down another step. Good luck!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users