3 replies to this topic

#1 CindiEponabri

CindiEponabri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationWashington state
  • why_joining:
    To get off of Cymbalta, just the beginning of getting my body clean and sober and off of all of the medications that doctors insisted I needed.

Posted 08 October 2011 - 06:59 PM

I have been on Cymbalta for several years after starting out with Prozac, then switching to Paxil, then to Effexor and finally Cymbalta. I am recovering from Lymphoma for the second time and just finished chemo in May. Chemo hit me like a brick wall, and I spent about two months doing nothing but sleeping. Because I was off my feet for so long, I ended up with blood clots in my leg (same leg as my tumor). I had blood clots 25 years ago after a car accident. Apparently because of these two times, a doctor who has never laid eyes on me and doesn't know my history or anything about me, decide I needed to be on Coumadin for the rest of my life. I decided he was off his rocker and I was pissed. I have refused to take anymore Coumadin (Warfarin) or go in to get my blood checked. I thought how dare he make a decision like that without even discussing it with me. I have been on it since May when I finished chemo.

After that happened, I decide that all they are doing is prescribing drugs to make money off of me, and I've had enough. I plan to get off of all of the medications I'm on and I'm starting with Cymbalta since I knew that was going to be the hardest to do. I am also on Ativan, Vicodan, Oxycotin and Ambien.

I did some research online and I was amazed at what I found. So many people hate this med and is trying to get off of it. I knew all about the brain zaps because I got those when I forgot to take it. And I knew it was going to be hard to get off it even with tapering. But boy was I amazed to find an entire forum devoted just to getting off of this drug, which I've seen people call a demon drug.

So, I hope you all can help me with this. I can't believe that doctors actually subscribe this to so many people without any idea about what it does to you.

Thank you for letting me join.

Cindi

#2 outamymind

outamymind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:26 AM

Hi Cindi. Sounds like a rough road you've been on. This drug is certainly a demon. I call it poison because from the side effects I've experienced I honestly believe I've been poisoned. Someone else called it pure evil - also correct.

Noone here is qualified to give advice we can only share our traumas. Having said that, the so called qualified ones are doing the damage. Ironic. Maybe we can help 

#3 CindiEponabri

CindiEponabri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationWashington state
  • why_joining:
    To get off of Cymbalta, just the beginning of getting my body clean and sober and off of all of the medications that doctors insisted I needed.

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:30 AM

Hi Cindi. Sounds like a rough road you've been on. This drug is certainly a demon. I call it poison because from the side effects I've experienced I honestly believe I've been poisoned. Someone else called it pure evil - also correct.

Noone here is qualified to give advice we can only share our traumas. Having said that, the so called qualified ones are doing the damage. Ironic. Maybe we can help 

Thank you for your reply. It's been a week since I started tapering off and so far so good. I haven't had any brain zaps. Just nausea, dizziness and extra tiredness. Also have noticed more pain, so I guess Cymbalta was doing it's job for that. But that's not enough to make me stay on it. I figure five more weeks of slowly tapering down and I should be off of it for good.

Just reading everyone's experiences has helped.

#4 outamymind

outamymind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:48 AM

That's awesome cindi. Stick with it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users