• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bizbrooke

Bizbrooke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:18 AM

I have been coming to this Forum for 2 years and never replied, I don't know why I never replied.... Probably because I was sooo sick that I never physically could. I was on Cymbalta for 2 years Oct 2009 until 9 days ago. I have made several attempts to get off of this BAD Drug, but could not get past the withdrawal. In May of this year, I went to Dr. and told them that this drug is BAD for me, heres the truth after the first 6 weeks in my system, I knew, but stayed on it for God knows what reason. The Dr. told me that there is NO withdrawal after 2 days of this drug and looked at me like I was out of my mind. I knew something was wrong and begged her to drop me down me from 60 mg to 30 mg. She seriously thought I was out of my mind. Would this not be a Clue that you have someone begging you to take them off something that isn't working and causing much havoc to them. I stayed on 30 mg for 2 months and began taking 30 mg every other day. This alone was horrific because I had to go through so much sickness. On Oct 8th I said ENOUGH and have endured the most horrific time. It seems like there is no way out of this PAIN. I thank you so much for this forum and is about the only comfort I am finding. Getting better, feeling normal and being a good momma again is all I pray for. Hope this Vicious cycle ends soon.

This is a Video I made to Eli Lilly about the pain this drug has caused me. I made it to keep me busy and not race

Thank you for reading
Bizbrooke

#2 outamymind

outamymind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:59 PM

Bizbrooke YOU ROCK What an incredibly moving video.

I can relate. 2 1/2 years on 60mg, 3 weeks on 30mg, then stopped. The suffering has been indescribable. I too almost lost my family - almost. Now I'm working hard to make them see I can be normal without this poison.

As for doctors, I gave up on them when I tried to explain how dangerous this drug is & was told I should go back on it because I was being over emotional. Unbelievable!

You hang in there. DON'T GIVE UP. It does get better. It's a tough road but your little boy needs you & I hope like hell you & your hubby can get it back together. Thank god my husband has been strong & understanding through this ride. Not sure I could've done it without him. I have 4 adult children spread all over the country so I've managed to spare them too much grief it's my poor husband who has had to bear it. Love him to bits for what he's doing 

Bizbrooke, it may get worse before it gets better - but it DOES get better. I'm just over a month completely 'clean' & actually starting to feel human again. I'm still suffering side effects but nowhere near as severe as they were in that first few weeks.

Have you sent that video on? If not, you should because it epitomizes our plight. If you
need any support, I'd be more than happy to be your source. I'm in Australia so there'd be a time delay between contact made but if you need it, I'm there. You're story & efforts have
really touched my heart.

Stay strong - YOU CAN DO THIS 

#3 enough

enough

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:52 AM

Dear Bizbrooke,

You are a strong and courageous woman with so much to live for. You can do this. I am in the same boat and have inflicted rage-related damage on those closest around me. I know who I am and where I am going, with God's help. I will not be held hostage to this drug or it's withdrawal. I will include you in my prayers. Your video helped me to stay strong in this pursuit for sanity and balance. I have a magnet on my fridge which says, "When you are going through Hell, keep going". If need be, I will seek help with switching to a less toxic drug, and other strategies suggested here.

#4 Bizbrooke

Bizbrooke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:39 PM

Thank you sooo much for the comment. This is so horrible. I just wish my life can start moving forward. Thank you for letting me see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I am in soo much pain right now and just want some happy in my life once again. My son needs a healthy happy momma. God Bless you.

Brooke

#5 WilFam

WilFam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:49 PM

Hey Brooke - great job on the video! My father's doc put him on Cymbalta - 60mg....my father is 85 years old. he took the 60mg for about 10-11 days and was reduced down to 30mg for 3 days and then we were to go to every other day. Within a week the side affects were bad and by the end of the 2nd week he was much worse and having suicidal thoughts. I called the doctor back and he cold turkey stopped him! Then within 48 hours the withdrawal symptoms started and were horrible. My father was just like a drug addict having severe and major withdrawal symptoms. He was dry heaving and gagging for 3-4 hours at a time (and doing it like every 30-60 seconds) at least 3-4 times a day - so basically half a day he was suffering terribly! He ended up in the hospital with acute renal failure. He is still suffering from memory issues and confusion. It sucks and even though he has other issues - this is one evil drug that tore through him making his life a living hell! I hope you sent the video in as well - wish I had pictures of my dad in his worse moments - I would definitely share them for the drug company!

Keep pushing forward - you will get through it!! I am sure you have heard that over and over - but keep pushing - each day will be better than the day before!

Blessings,

Susan

#6 Herndon

Herndon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMiddle East
  • why_joining:
    Recently quit Cymbalta.

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:41 AM

I'm in the withdrawal process after more than a year of 120mg Cymbalta per day. I'm not sure if the withdrawal is worse than being on it or not. I went from 120 to zero over a month was going to stay at 30mg for a while, but I forgot to take it one day and felt horrible the next day & just said that's it--I'm going completely off. Good luck with your journey. It's got to get better.

#7 Imdone

Imdone

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:22 PM

All your stories moved me. I want to remind all here that the very best way to get off Cymbalta is the bead-counting method (see elsewhere in this site). Do NOT do the every other day thing (that will make you very sick). Do not come down any faster than 1 mg per day. I took 90 days to come down off 90 mg. Even still, there were plenty of withdrawal side effects, but most important, depression did not return when you do it slowly. I have 3 days to go now and then I am free!!!

#8 junksickdawn

junksickdawn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:36 PM

Yes, I strongly reiterate the last comment. Heroic decreases in dosage, or going cold turkey, is NOT the way to go. I went from 60mg to zero in 6 months. And I still had withdrawal!! Wouldn't want any more.

Do yourself a HUGE favor -> Be Kind to Yourself. Go slowly and find a DOCTOR who will agree with you. It just means finding a smarter doctor. Ask for help titrating down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users