Photo

Was On Low Dose For Less Than Two Weeks, And Coming Off Is A Rough Ride!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 GearsGirl

GearsGirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:42 PM

Hi folks. As bad as Cymbalta is, it seems like it's brought a great group of people together here. I have been lurking around the last few days, and it looks like a great circle. :)

I am a 26-year old female that was put on Cymbalta for vulvodynia, 20 mg once a day. Within hours, it cured my flare-up and I actually went about my life without that pain for once. I had frostbite a few years ago on my feet too, and sometimes I experience neuropathy from that, but the Cymbalta too a shotgun blast to that too. It also made my mood more stable, and stress phased me considerably less at work. I was VERY productive. So it was a bit of a little miracle pill for me.

Everything was great until night 4 when I woke up with an intense stiffness in my calves. I stretched them out and massaged the knots the next evening and they were better and I was able to sleep that night. Day 6, I began to have intense back pain, which I have never had before. I was taking Cymbalta at night, so I thought, well, I'll move it to the AM so the back pain won't be a bother at work. Night 8, I began having toe, calf, and ankle pain. The insomnia I initially had that was caused by hyperactivity at night passed, but at this point I was now kept awake by pain, no matter how exhausted I was. I don't think it was restless legs, I've had that before and this pain wasn't alleviated by movement.

Yesterday, I did not take my dose. I called my doctor today and she said it was alright to discontinue. She said I can't taper off since it is 20 mg/day and they don't make anything smaller? I am supposed to go in Wednesday for something else. When I asked on the phone about how long the symptoms would take to go away (one of my messages I left for my doctor), the nurse kept dodging the question and said to just come in. Since I stopped taking Cymbalta (this is day 2), my calf and ankle pain have stopped, but I have twice as much pain along the entirety of my spine. I just feel fragile, like if I make a wrong move, my back will snap in two. I've even been hurting in weird places, like my shoulder/clavicle area and under my shoulder blade. It's just getting worse and OTC pain relievers aren't helping at all. I'm allergic to codeine and tramadol, so I don't think I can get anything from my doctor. I have had some sporadic nausea that has fluctuated in severity. A handful of times I feel like I am going to throw up. I got some pregnant lady candy from my sister-in-law, so I have been sucking on those and that maybe has kept it at bay. In case it may help anyone, they are "Preggie Pop Drops" and can be found at Babies R' Us. Best if sucked on just as nausea is setting in or before you think you'll get nauseated as a prevention, if you're already really nauseated they may not help as much I've been told. If anything, they are delicious hard candies, and that may help if you're having dry mouth at least.

I am not a depressed person, but all day today I have can not help but cry and I just don't feel like doing anything except sit around. I seem to have lost all my patience somewhere. And it's weird, sudden noises... well, I don't know how to describe what it is they do. It's like they hurt my body, not my ears.

Funny, how Cymbalta is supposed to prevent pain, and it just ended up causing more for me. I've heard about pain during withdrawals, but never while on it! I really wish I had stuck to my guns on opting for a tricyclic for my pain management. Reading what others are going through on here, I am really worried some permanent damage may have been done. If it's just withdrawal symptoms, will they last a long time even if I was on Cymbalta for 10 days?

Thank you for this forum <3 Have a good night/day all, and thanks for taking the time to read my story.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users