1 reply to this topic

#1 outamymind

outamymind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:06 AM

Hi guys, just checking in. Not so "outamymind" these days. Off this crap 5 weeks now & looking forward positively.

Thank god the brain Zaps are at a minimum, the rage has calmed, the belly has stopped doing a dance of it's own & the aches & pains are slowly getting better.

I've been taking lots of natural stuff too like omegas 3, 6 & 9, Ginseng, Rosehip for the pain & Olive Leaf extract which is an antioxidant. All these plus NO CYMBALTA & I'm nearly human.

WOOHOO! - there is a bright light at the end of the tunnel.

Just thought I'd add some nice to the nasty we've all been going through. Hang tough guys - it does get better 

#2 CindiEponabri

CindiEponabri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationWashington state
  • why_joining:
    To get off of Cymbalta, just the beginning of getting my body clean and sober and off of all of the medications that doctors insisted I needed.

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:34 AM

This is so encouraging to me. I am at the half way mark. Two weeks of tapering from 120mg to 60mg. I didn't have brain zaps until towards the end of the second week, and Benadryl and Ativan helped with those. Most of the side effects I've had are dizziness and nausea. I started taking vitamins and practicing meditation and a very easy chair type yoga. I think they are helping. I have to admit that the other drugs I'm addicted to; Hydrochodone and Oxycotin (has helped with pain), Ambien (to help sleep) and Ativan (for anxiety), has helped me to cope with the withdrawal symptoms.

I don't recommend that anyone start taking these to detox from Cymbalta, because you will have to work to get off them too. Oxycotin and Hydrochodone will be the next to go, but after dealing with Cymbalta, and based on my research, I don't think they will be nearly as bad as this one has been.

I so appreciate this forum for being here.
Cindi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users