• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 timbrownson

timbrownson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:00 PM

MYydoctor put my on Cymbalta recently to help deal with Fibromyalgia symptoms.

And guess what? It worked brilliantly. My calf pain vanished as did my foot pain and cramps.

Then the side effects kicked in. Insane bunny in a pit of snakes type sweating, constipation and the usual (now I have read up on it) sex-related problems.

So 3 weeks in and before I was even though my first batch I quit cold turkey.

My reasoning was no way could I have any problems after such a short time, and I didn't.

At least not for a week or so, until the diarrhea and brain zaps kicked in. I had no idea what the zaps were and was a bit worried I may have a neurological condition. Today is the 21st day since I stopped taking Cymbalta and the brain zaps were getting worse no better and happening every few minutes or so.

So this morning I took one of the 30mg capsules I have left and low and behold they have gradually lessened through the day to the point where now they are gone.

I'm relieved that's what it is and will push through cold turkey, but I'm livid my doctor never warned me about this stuff and was wondering this....

Do med companies have the same obligation to tell people about withdrawal, (other than the normal don't stop without talking to your doctor), like they do with side effects?

I am a Life Coach and I have written about my journey on my blog at a Daring Adventure where I have a few thousand readers. But I want to go further and really do what I can to expose this crap and would like to know the legal situation if anybody can help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users