• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 anxietyridden

anxietyridden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:54 PM

I am so grateful to find this forum. I have been just about beside myself. I have been on 120 mg of cymbalta for about 2 years. I am also on 20 mg of Lexapro. I was put on them for anxiety, depression, and fibromyalgia. The cymbalta really helped with the pain. But I noticed that it took everything in me to just get through my day at work. The longer I was on the cymbalta, the harder things got for me. I felt an underlying depression and spent a lot of Saturdays in my pjs on the couch. I felt totally worn out by the end of the work week. This has gotten progressively worse. I also noticed that when I would sit down or lay down at night that I was getting bad muscle cramps in my feet and legs. I developed muscle twitching and restless leg syndrome. I told my dr. about it and he thought the restless leg syndrome was from too much serotonin. He cut my cymbalta to 90 mg a day. My legs got better, but the twitches in my body got worse. I went back to the dr. and this time they are taking me off the cymbalta. They immediately cut me down to 60mg. He wanted me to go to 30mg after one week and then go off of it completely. This was a week ago. I am still at 60. I am afraid to go down so fast. I am irritable and feel very anxious and on edge. The dr said that I probably wouldn't have any withdraw symptoms since I am still on the Lexapro. I am afraid. I still have the muscle twitches and feel "funny" in my head. I don't know what to do. When I saw my dr. last time, they talked about giving me something else for my anxiety problem once I got off the cymbalta. They also talked about putting me on Lyrica for the fibromyalgia.
Any help or advice anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated. I no longer trust my dr. I have been on a rollar coaster ride with antidepressants for 10 years and am afraid to be"tinkered" with anymore.
Please help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users