• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bellajar

bellajar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:00 PM

Yes, that is the question. I have been reading these posts & I don't know how to feel. First of all, I am angry that no one ever told me how ANGRY I would be once stopping the Cymbalta! But, that's the very reason I needed to quit - my overriding anger. I get :evil: ! I used to occilate between anger and numbness, and anger over the numbness. I explain this to the doctor, and, ya know what? Yep, you guessed it, I was prescribed MORE med's.

So, my question is this: is there any hope that I will FEEL again? That is, anything other than rage? My family doesn't deserve this! I don't deserve this.

Next problem: I am stagnant & incapable of cleaning the clutter. Yes, incapable. I actually start to get a panic attack trying to organize. Which leads me into the next quandry: I can't sleep, I can't communicate because I have too much anxiety!!!!

I'm reading that the electrical shock waves through my brain will eventually cease, but what about the fits of rage?

I have lost the 10 lbs. of the 20 I gained while on the med's. I am working out again. I am making an effort. I no longer feel as if I'm in a constant bad dream. But I don't know if I can function in this world. I constantly fear that I should be institutionalized due to terrible anxiety, sporadic mood swings, and still not finding happiness (despite doing what I "enjoy").

I'm not sure how to feel.

#2 healthyhappy2008

healthyhappy2008

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:32 PM

I feel your pain....literally. I have been so moody since being off these meds, but despite the up's and down's, i am THRILLED to actually 'feel' again. I was initially put on this damn drug to stave off my "quick" temper. but after being on this drug for over a year, i realized that it didn't just stop my temper, it stopped ALL feeling i had. i am on day 7 of being off this drug, i don't have the cravings i once had, and despite the mood swings, i'd much rather have swinging feelings than no feeling at all.....

Best of luck to you and keep your posts, i think it helps us all to communicate to others who understand what we are going through.

#3 bellajar

bellajar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:26 AM

Thank you so much for resonding to my posts. There is no substitute, especially not in capsule form :D

#4 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:10 PM

The confusion and the rage were the two withdrawal symptoms that frightened me the most. I felt like a complete idiot when trying to speak, take care of the check book, cook dinner or breakfast, clean the house, drive a vehicle....it was terrifying for me. The rage was too overwhelming. It was mind blowing at times. I have to say it is worth eveything I went through, to become Cymbalta free.

Now, I do have a question, considering the fact that I am at day 79 without Cymbalta, I seem to have had a little set back this week. It could be because of the violence I experienced with my boyfriends daughter, Monday afternoon. I seem to be flinching at every noise or unexpected movement, I have not been my upbeat spunky self, since Monday. My heart seems to flutter alittle more and I have shortness of breath. I am thinking her throwing things at me, hitting and kicking me set me back....does that sound normal? I feel better today, but the first half of the day I slept alot, then we got out and about and ran some errands and I seem to be better but still flinching alot in regards to movement and noises.

Back to the new people, hang in there, it does get easier and honestly, I forget alot about how I was during that time. Its hard for me to remember how I felt during the rage and confussion. Always remember, it is NORMAL to feel the way you do, no matter how terrible it is. I give you my word it will pass. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Lori

#5 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 08:16 AM

Plus, even though the episode has passed, you probably are still feeling tense and like you are walking on egg shells. That can't be helping either. That must be a rough situation for you, so remember as Greybeard said, take some time to pamper yourself.

#6 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 02:19 PM

Thank you both, very much. I am thinking due to my past, which was very violent and abusive, with my 2nd husband, I still have underlying issues with that and the episode Monday was a set back. Other than that, I feel fine. My anxiety returned but not to the point of upsetting my boyfriend at work or anything like that. I seem to have all of that craziness under control, thank God. I have not experienced any brain zaps or rage, just alittle confussion, anxiety, and shortness of breath. As far as pampering me, I have done some of that and I do alot of reading my prayer book and the Bible. That is my time alone. I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend and not a day goes by that I do not pray for anyone one going through the Cymbalta withdrawals.

I do have another question. I will more than likely answer it myself in a few days. You do know that I am taking the Good Day Positive Mood Formula and Schmb01, you were saying that it would really depend on ones seratonin levels. Mine may have been low during the time I was going through the withdrawals so the vitamin/supplement worked for me. I remember having alot of shortness of breath and heart flutters and high anxiety when taking the Cymbalta. Yesterday, I decided NOT to take the vitamin. Just to see how I was without it. I felt great up in the day. I took it again this morning and I have felt the fluttering and shortness of breath. Could it be that I no longer need the supplement?? I know you can not answer this question, but I do know you can give me an opinion. :D I am not going to take it for a few days just to see if there is a difference. How wonderful that would be that I dont even need that anymore either!!!! Just a reminder, its the one that has the 5 HTP in it.

Again, thanks for the posts, and I do hope these episodes will be less and less.
Have a great day!!!

Lori

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users