5 replies to this topic

#1 Caresy

Caresy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:22 PM

Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd share my experiences since going off Cymbalta a week and a half ago. The first 4 days were hell, with day 3 being the worst. Nausea, vomitting, the worst headache I'd ever had in my life and brain zaps that I thought would shock people who were touching me when I had them. But slowly it has gotten better each day. Now the nausea and vomitting are gone with only occasional headaches. I still have the brain zaps, and find that if I am even slightly dehydrated they get worse quickly. So I am drinking lots of water and taking Omega 3-6-9 complex to help my brain recover. My family doctor looks at me like I'm faking of course, even though I told her another doctor in her practice had a patient just like me - he told me himself - whatever I'm off it now and whether she believes me or not is irrelevant to me. (She didn't believe me about my torn retina, TMJ injury, or spinal injury either, all of which were completely true and I've had 3 surgeries, 1 for each over the past 18 months. I am so sick of doctors.)

Basically I just want to tell you it gets better. I feel fortunate that at 10 days I am only experiencing smallish brain zaps, and each day seems to improve. So if it has gotten better for me, it will for you too, no matter how long you've been on this crap. Keep the faith and hold strong, you will win over this!

Carolyn

#2 Che

Che

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:21 AM

thanks am on day 5 and just want to sit still as brain jolts and dizziness awful !

#3 Calli1975

Calli1975

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:49 PM

Thanks, day 6, improving mildly... The posts from people who say takes up to a year scare me. I can't do this for a year.

#4 zmr

zmr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:58 PM

Thanks, day 6, improving mildly... The posts from people who say takes up to a year scare me. I can't do this for a year.

It doesnt take a year! I have been 30 days since my last dose and am pretty much back to normal. Keep your chin up, you will do this! Becky

#5 Calli1975

Calli1975

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:25 PM

It doesnt take a year! I have been 30 days since my last dose and am pretty much back to normal. Keep your chin up, you will do this! Becky

Thank you Becky!

#6 jlb

jlb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:21 PM

I'm on day 10 and don't feel any better. Is it going to get better before it gets worse?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users