• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 todayIstheDay

todayIstheDay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:08 PM

I didn't think Cymbalta had hurt much emotionally. Reading another post, I saw the word clutter.

I have always been a person who kept my home and spaces relatively neat. Far from perfect or neat-freak, but pretty nice and presentable if you had a couple minutes to "tidy up" and dust a countertop.

My house is now out of control. Nothing gets vacuumed or dusted very often. There are piles of stuff everywhere. All of this does bother me, I don't like being among lots of clutter. Could being on Cymbalta been the cause of this change in me? Now that I am off of it, what are the chances that I can force myself to get everything back into the old equilibrium? Will it come naturally like it did before, or is it going to take more work than it did before?

#2 iliao93

iliao93

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationCamby IN
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 06 July 2008 - 01:57 PM

I was a neat freak until Cymbalta, now my house is horrible! When I was taking more of the med I just didn't seem to even realize what was going on...or care when I did. Then when I started cutting down I was like someone just turned a spotlight on all the awful mess things were, now if I look around too closely I have a huge panic attack. I don't know how I will ever straighten it all up, and I can't get any one to help me either...simply out of the question. For now I just try to clean the dishes every day, cook as often as I can manage & clean the cat boxes twicw a day. I have to hope as that is all I have at present. Don't beat yourself up...your not a bad person. Your a person who has been ill going through a bad time. We just have to decide that if there are people who will judge us unkindly, well they aren't the kind of people we need to know or have around! Hang in there, don't blame yourself & know I'm in that boat along side you!
B

#3 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:56 AM

I second that advice. Don't beat yourself up for not taking care of the house. You are doing exactly what I was doing but mine was letting the dogs in and out for potty versus the litter box. :mrgreen: But I did wash the dishes, and keep something cooked for dinners. I was not as immaculate with my dishes, I got to them when I felt like I had to. Getting out of bed was a great task for me, so doing the dishes, cooking and having a pulse was a big accomplishment for me. So dont let that allow you to become more depressed or anxious, just know that you are not the only one, and that one day, you will wak up and you will be whistling a tune while you clean your house again!!

It got worse for me when I started weaning off the Cymbalta, but I have been on an emotional roller coaster ride from hell for one full year now, due to the Provera I was prescribed. So I think everyone has gotten used to me not being a very thorough house keeper. My son and his wife was living here for about a month, so things were kind of cramped so I did not do much deep cleaning, basically just kept things straightened. But I have gotten back in the cleaning mode, and now that I am TRYING to quit smoking, I am sure I will be washing, cleaning and scrubbing even more....or going back to bed each day til my dependency for cigarettes subsides. :cry:

Have an awesome day!!!!
Lori

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users