• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WhitneyC103

WhitneyC103

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:09 PM

I found out Tuesday (11/8) that I am expecting. I've been on Cymbalta for about 5 months... the 1st 3 I was on 60mg and then downed to 30mg. When I found out I was pregnant I immediately stopped taking the meds and have been trying to contact my OB since to see what I should do... I feel HORRIBLE! I'm getting the brain zaps (which I started getting almost as soon as I started the meds but just every so often... now it's pretty much any time I move!) which are causing horrendous migraines, dizziness and nausea. Thankfully probably b/c I'm pregnant I haven't had a problem sleeping however, I have intense vivid dreams all night long that wake me up, luckily no nightmares though. I have 2 other children, 5 & 1.5 so I do not have the time to feel this way. I was hoping since I haven't been on the meds too terribly long the withdrawals won't last much longer? Does anyone have any idea of how long I'm going to have to go through this?? The Cymbalta, which I was taking for a mild to moderate depression, was helpful the 1st couple of months and then pretty much did nothing for me... totally not worth what I'm going through and I of course was given no warning this could happen. My poor husband who works 50+ hrs a week is having to pick up my slack b/c I feel useless..

#2 Meli

Meli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • why_joining:
    Support with terrible side effects and withdrawl symptoms of cymbalta

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:55 AM

Hi ... I found out I was pregnant on the 14/11 Monday...after taking the morning after pill. I had been on Cymbalta for chronic pain,this time, sine June and was in the process of weaning myself off. I was already on 30mg and had gone to a compound pharmacy to go down to 15mg. I had been on 15mg (no withdrawl symptoms) for a over a week when I found out I was pregnant. I stopped immediately. I have horrible brain zaps and am "headachy" and just feel strange.

I am concerned about the impact of the drug on the feutus, given I feel withdrawl symptoms. There are reported findings about pregnancy and cymbalta, it's quite scary really. I know there is an Elly Lilly voluntary study for pregnant women who are on or have been on cymbalta, I may look into it. Apparently taking omega 3,6,9 helps with brain zaps, am going to try that. The brain zaps seem worse as the days go by not better...how about u??

My withdrawl was going along fine....until Monday

Good luck !!
ps I have two other kids too,,,6.5 & 4.5

#3 autimom4ever

autimom4ever

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:31 PM

I found out Tuesday (11/8) that I am expecting. I've been on Cymbalta for about 5 months... the 1st 3 I was on 60mg and then downed to 30mg. When I found out I was pregnant I immediately stopped taking the meds and have been trying to contact my OB since to see what I should do... I feel HORRIBLE! I'm getting the brain zaps (which I started getting almost as soon as I started the meds but just every so often... now it's pretty much any time I move!) which are causing horrendous migraines, dizziness and nausea. Thankfully probably b/c I'm pregnant I haven't had a problem sleeping however, I have intense vivid dreams all night long that wake me up, luckily no nightmares though. I have 2 other children, 5 & 1.5 so I do not have the time to feel this way. I was hoping since I haven't been on the meds too terribly long the withdrawals won't last much longer? Does anyone have any idea of how long I'm going to have to go through this?? The Cymbalta, which I was taking for a mild to moderate depression, was helpful the 1st couple of months and then pretty much did nothing for me... totally not worth what I'm going through and I of course was given no warning this could happen. My poor husband who works 50+ hrs a week is having to pick up my slack b/c I feel useless..

Benedryl (should 'help' all symptomss) - catagory B med
But ask OB first

Good Luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users