• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 alahr01

alahr01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:13 AM

I experienced severe withdrawl symptoms from this medication. It was a horrible experience which still makes me ill to just think about it. The medication was not effective in treating my depression, and further, made me ill and unable to discontinue it's use after having been prescribed increasing doses for over 18 months time. This was a horrible experience and I feel I was given medication that had not been thoroughly tested prior to use. I would sue the company not only for the tremendous cost out of my pocket, but for the miserable withdrawl symptoms. I felt like my CNS was out of control. I had parasthesias, aching neck and torso, all down my spine, numbness in my tongue and lips and a buzzing feeling that I felt stemmed from the base of my occiput. On top of the withdrawl symptoms, the medication was ineffective in treating my depression symptoms. I loathe watching the cymbalta commercials to this day and it brings back memories of my terrible experience. It took 4 months to completely stop taking the medication, I was still experiencing the symptoms for another 2 months, however, it was my decision to stop ingesting the culprit. The smaller increment dosing did not help to alleviate or "wean" to diminish the symptoms, I felt it actually perpetuated the problem, as every time I weaned and started skipping days and increasing the "off days" by two days, I had the symptoms back full force. Nightmare.

#2 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 11:56 AM

Weaning slowly may or may not work for everyone. BUT, the every other day method of weaning does NOT work, due to the short half life. You are right, this drug is nasty, and has caused so many more problems for people than many had to begin with! Glad you are now free of its reign of terror~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users