• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Runner01

Runner01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:57 AM

My doctor gave me a prescription for Cymbalta last July a year ago after I had to put my dog to sleep. I am not a depressed person by nature so I guess he felt I needed a little help during that time. I am also on high blood pressure medication and medication for ADHD. I have always been healthy and active. I run half marathons and just recently started doing triathlons. During the 14 months I was on it I really did not feel that great and gained 10 pounds. I thought it was odd as I am so active. In Sept I went to refill my prescription and my insurance would not cover it so I decided I would just stop taking it. At first I felt okay but the last five weeks have been horrible. At first I thought I had the flu. I had the upset stomach and then I had a cold. The last 3 weeks I started losing weight with out trying. I have been so emotional and on edge. I was thankful to find this forum as I could not figure out what was wrong with me. Just recently I have been fighting with a very close friend and have pretty much destroyed our friendship. I have alot of close friends and don't fight with any of them. My husband and son have noticed that I am not myself. I thought I was going crazy. When I went to my doctor this week he confirmed what I am going through. I still can't believe he prescibed it knowing what it does to people.He offered to prescribe prozac but I am not going to take anything else. Today I woke up feeling a little better. Please someone let me know how long this lasts. I can't believe it has gone on for this long. Help!!!

#2 jeesher

jeesher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:48 PM

I wish I knew too! From briefly reading through some posts, it sounds like it depends on the person. You may want to look up the posts on weaning off of it. I have been off of it for 2 weeks and I am a hot mess! I am going try 30mg every other day and see if i helps. I am losing weight though! Now sure if this is the price I wan to pay though! :)

#3 kbblond

kbblond

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:01 PM

So, I just went to my psychiatrist to renew my prescriptions, one of which is cymbalta. I actually stopped taking it about 3 weeks ago because I have no insurance and just couldn't afford the $400 (I take 90mg). I figured I'd see how I did with it. I have been having god awful headaches and sometimes it's like a jolt of lightening hits and it in itself is almost a disabling pain. I wake up throwing up and just contribute that to morning anxiety and during the day have just thought I had a bug (I work in healthcare). CRAZY...and I mean CRAZY thoughts I was even afraid to share with the provider in effort to avoid a hospitalization! And CRAZY dreams (when I manage to sleep) Today, reviewing my info the doctor noted it appeared I had some withdrawal symptoms but I should be over them now...I came online to google what all the withdrawal symptoms were and found this. Hmmm....a week or so only to withdraw...I don't think so! She has me starting on 30mg now again tomorrow morning...I'm almost wondering if I should just wait it out. Here I was worried about the 3mg of Xanax being addictive and I find out cymbalta is doing me in!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users