• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Blackapple

Blackapple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:18 AM

Hello, I have been on Cymbalta 60mg for a year. I stopped cold turkey last Thursday (7 days ago). I was receiving samples from my Dr because my insurance company wouldnt cover the prescription. I had been thinking about getting off cymbalta for awhile and was planning on talking to my dr about it on our next visit. I ran out of pills on Thursday (I thought I had one more bottle left but didnt) and my dr didnt have any samples, and said she wouldnt have any in until Monday. I knew I was in for some terrible withdrawal symptoms. I did a lot of research on cymbalta over the weekend and decided that if i was going to go almost 5 days without it I might as well stop completely rather than go back on it and have to go through withdrawal all over again (which made me even more nauseous just thinking about it). So I never picked up my samples, I knew it would be to tempting to start taking them again to end the withdrawal. After searching all over the internet trying to find someone who had made a full recovery and how long the withdrawl lasted for them, and coming up with absolutly nothing, I decided to keep a journal of my symptoms and to see how long the withdrawl lasts. ( I should mention I take trazadone for help sleeping, so i didnt have any issues with insomnia)

Day 1 (Thurs November 17th): First day off of medications, I know I should be ok because I have missed doses before, Im nervous about what the next couple days will bring. No nausea, slightly dizzy twords the end of the night.

Day 2: Slight brain zaps and headache, nothing to bad. I was able to run errands and eat without nausea, I still had my appetite.

Day 3: Dizzy, Brain zaps, but I was still able to do some grocery shopping and other errands. Was really hungry all day, was craving carbs and unhealthy foods (hang over food, haha) Dizziness and nausea got a lot worse towards the end of the night. Had a headache and the muscles in my shoulders and neck became very stiff.

Day 4: Very Nauseous, Bad head ache, horrible brain zaps and motion sickness feeling. Had bad diarrhea every time I ate or drank (tmi?). Really bad sweats and hot flashes. I felt like I had a stomach virus and the flu.

Day 5: Same symptoms as Day 4. Read online that fish oil helps with the brain zaps, when to rite aid and got triple strength fish oil (make sure it has a high amount of EPA) PLan on taking 3 a day starting with today, we will see if it works. Took a nap during the day, felt better after, but symptoms soon returned.

Day 6: Felt ok in the morning after waking up. about 30 mins later the nausea hit me, dry heaves all morning but I didnt vomit. The brain zaps come in constant waves, but they arent as string as Day 5. I was able to move around a little bit more than the day before. Had really bad acid reflux all day, still had the hot and cold flashes. Later that night I was actually hungey and was able to eat some chicken. ( I had been eating plain noodles, chicken broth and miso soup the days before). Felt ok after eating but about an hour later the nausea came back in full force and I felt terrible, even talking made me feel like I was going to throw up. Had a little bit of a hard time sleeping because of it. I have also been having crazy dreams (even crazier than the ones that you already have on cymbalta) since I stopped taking my medication. (this was day 2 on fish oil, brain zaps arent as intense but definitely still there).

Day 7: Woke up feeling great! Mild brain zaps, but so much better than a couple days ago. Slight nausea, not to bad. I haven't eaten breakfast yet and I am a little afraid to for fear that the nausea will come back in full force. I think the fish oils might be working but only time will tell. I will keep updating my post as the days go on. Im really hoping I will be ok for tomorrow (Thanksgiving). Its going to be hard to explain to my family why Im so sick. If any one is interested in using the fish oil I can give you the exact amount I am taking). I should also mention I have been feeling a lot more energized since I stopped. When I was on Cymbalta I couldn't get through the day before without a nap, I would literally almost fall asleep standing up. Now I have the energy to get out of the house and do things around the house that need to be done. I am a work at home mom ( to a 1 1/2 year old) and a photographer, and I finally feel my creativity coming back and by ability to work and care for my son. If I can get through 36 hours of labor, and a 2 week constant spinal head from leaking spinal fluid, I think I can get through this easily, its all about motivation, support and perseverance. Just picture the light at the end of the tunnel, it will be here sooner than you think!

I hope this has been helpful for someone out there! Good luck and keep going, theses symptoms have to end sometime. I cant wait to have my life back!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users