• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 moonbeam

moonbeam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:18 PM

I have been on Cymbalta for a year now and I wished to God I had never started. Although it does provide relief from depression the side effects are not worth it. I have gained 30# in that year even though they say it may cause weight loss. The electrical brain surges are enough to give me an anxiety attack! I want to go off of the medication but because I have to work everyday I am fearful to do so. Word to the warning for anyone who thinks it won't happen to me...I am now eating those very words

#2 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:09 PM

I have been on Cymbalta for a year now and I wished to God I had never started. Although it does provide relief from depression the side effects are not worth it. I have gained 30# in that year even though they say it may cause weight loss. The electrical brain surges are enough to give me an anxiety attack! I want to go off of the medication but because I have to work everyday I am fearful to do so. Word to the warning for anyone who thinks it won't happen to me...I am now eating those very words

I gained 50lbs since I started taking the medication.

#3 watchdog

watchdog

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • why_joining:
    Will be helping my wife detox from cymbalta.

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:31 PM

My wife gained 30..........

Watchdog

#4 okie

okie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:27 AM

I went off 6 days ago, it is hellish. I substituted prozac. Finally today I woke up without crying for 3 hours. This crap is worse than stopping lorazapam cold turkey. I. know from experiance too. Only hope my 14 yr. old son doesn't go thru this! Pray for my baby boy, please...

#5 okie

okie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:31 AM

You might need to arrange a week off work dear. God bless you, best to luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users