• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 StarrDreamer

StarrDreamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:22 PM

I've had to stop taking all my meds.. Cymbalta and Topomax. I not only just can't afford the meds, I can't afford the constant dr appointments to GET the meds. I quit things cold turkey just before Thanksgiving (irony irony..) I thought I had the flu at first. I did nothing but toss my cookies, and shiver in bed. I THOUGHT I was used to the zaps in my brain as this wasn't the first time I'd been off the meds, but this is the first time LONG TERM. Now, now I just pray for my head to not float off my shoulders. I almost wish I were back ON the drugs. I can't think, I can barely walk as the jarring of my feet on the pavement causes my brain to zap for 3 to 5 seconds. My head aches in a dull throb. And I think I'm about praying for death. My best beloved brought me Benedryl today to hopefully help make the symptoms get better. But I can't stand the hot/cold in out feelings.

What's worse.. the disease or the detox from the 'cure'? Either way I think I'm gonna be praying for death shortly. I work 12 hour days. I can't keep going on like this.

Any help would be faboo.

#2 watchdog

watchdog

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • why_joining:
    Will be helping my wife detox from cymbalta.

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:37 PM

My wife took Zofran for the queasy/nausea. The Benadryl is good for itching and "pins and needles" symptoms. Dramamine will also work for the nausea, and is available over the counter. Drinks LOTS of GREEN gatorade..... don't know what the deal is, but it helps.

Take care

Watchdog

#3 Septim

Septim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:10 PM

If you get very strong nausea for short time, ondasetrone (vonau) can help.

#4 Chw31

Chw31

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:32 PM

I've been reading over and over on here about gatorade!

I'm going to have to try this asap! I'm having more and more physical symptoms...and they are noooo fun.

#5 smena

smena

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:26 PM

Hi i was just also off cymbalta for 5 days. it was not my wish. i was in another country where it was illegal to send medicine to (germany) and cymbalta was 80 euros!!! well just a few hours ago my friend came to germany with a pack of cymbalta to me.
aldough its kind of emberassing to hug and cry a friend for bringing cymbalta and seems like a junkie aditude, i dont care as long as i have them!

i was so week to write anything here but i read now and then the forums because i thought i was dying or i might have as well killed my self just for beeing in that pain. it makes me think, is this really how heroin addicts feel when they cant find it? or is this close to what they call cold turkey?

i was reliesed to read all these stuff. but still have qquestions like what the heck is going on in ones body when you feel all this stuff? no one understands but my flatmates. they really tried to help while other people were just like 'yea get over it man' which really pisses one off...
this is real! i couldnt get up even i wanted to go to the bathroom.
all that naucia you get one minute feeling like puking the second its gone, then a headache comes right from hell!!! in the wierdest parts of the head, then itching makes you so angry! then oh the lovely brain zappings. oh dont you just want them your whole life. omg... i can talk ironic no because i had my pill an hour ago. aldough i still feel awfull, as if i can die any second, at least finally i know i will be well again.
i really hear you when you say i wanted to die. and i thought i was exagerating. but no. my flatmate actually told me she read some stuff online and told me i am actually holding on very good acording to what she read. now i hope everybody deserves a friend like that!
did you also get like anger crisis and panic attacks and depressed one minute then angry as if you can kill someone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users