13 replies to this topic

#1 Preggers86

Preggers86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:51 PM

I definitely need some help.

I'm prescribed 60mg Cymbalta for neuro pain from a car accident in 2004. I've been taking it for about 6 months. I haven't taken it on a consistently regular basis, every night, like I'm supposed to. I can't remember. So I typically take it like every other day, and don't feel as if I have any w/d effects. However, a few months ago, I had forgotten to take it for about a week. My head felt weird, I started getting vertigo, cold sweats, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, ringing in the ears, and my face was even tingling. I went to the ER. They did nothing except give me 1000mL of saline. My friend found out through Google that it was Cymbalta w/d.

I found out last night I'm pregnant. I called my OB as well as the DR who prescribed me the Cymbalta and I was told to stop taking it. No tapering, nothing. I'm freaking out and crying because I'm upset. I work 5-6 days a week and cannot function if I have to go through all that crap again. But I don't want to harm the baby so the whole concept of taking a few beads out at a time isn't going to work for me.

Can anyone help me? Any recommendations on how to deal w/ the w/d?

#2 pelycosaurus

pelycosaurus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:25 PM

To stop taking it cold turkey is the worst idea I did the same thing and was so sick i lost my child.

#3 Preggers86

Preggers86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:05 PM

To stop taking it cold turkey is the worst idea I did the same thing and was so sick i lost my child.

I'm wondering if I'll be okay this time around... Last time I took it was Tues or Wed and it's now Monday of the following week. I have morning sickness but it goes away later in the day. The only side effect I seem to be having from stopping the cymbalta is vertigo and tingling in my face every now and then.

#4 pelycosaurus

pelycosaurus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:21 PM

I'm wondering if I'll be okay this time around... Last time I took it was Tues or Wed and it's now Monday of the following week. I have morning sickness but it goes away later in the day. The only side effect I seem to be having from stopping the cymbalta is vertigo and tingling in my face every now and then.

my body went into shock and i was shaking like a drug addict and couldnt eat or function so be careful.

#5 Preggers86

Preggers86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:56 AM

my body went into shock and i was shaking like a drug addict and couldnt eat or function so be careful.

How long after your last dose did that start happening? I still seem to be okay besides the vertigo. I have a prescription for Zofran, but if I start throwing up and it doesn't help, I'm going to the ER asap.

#6 jmkabeary

jmkabeary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:54 PM

that happened to me as well

#7 Preggers86

Preggers86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:07 PM

that happened to me as well

It's been almost a week that I've been without Cymbalta. I still have vertigo once I get up and start moving around, but nothing more. I think I'll be ok this time around, thankfully.

#8 Meli

Meli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • why_joining:
    Support with terrible side effects and withdrawl symptoms of cymbalta

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:23 AM

Good luck, I became pregnant too (two months ago), whilst I was on a withdrawl plan. I had already gone down to 15mg. I experienced head zaps for at least four weeks. The pregnancy was not growing properly, so it did not continue. I have started prozac and the head zaps have ceased...

You can

#9 pelycosaurus

pelycosaurus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:48 PM

Good luck, I became pregnant too (two months ago), whilst I was on a withdrawl plan. I had already gone down to 15mg. I experienced head zaps for at least four weeks. The pregnancy was not growing properly, so it did not continue. I have started prozac and the head zaps have ceased...

You can

It started about 2 or 3 weeks after id try to get off as slow as possable. You dont want to shock your body it will make it worse than staying on it. Well at least till a better time.

#10 Brightgirl

Brightgirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:53 PM

What are head zaps

#11 feelincrappy

feelincrappy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:53 PM

What are head zaps

They have been described as a feeling like a jolt in your brain. I don't think I had these, I just had dizziness, which felt like my head was swimming. This would happen even while lying down, or sitting still. But is has lessened over the past few days. Hang in there. :)

#12 Jmurphy112

Jmurphy112

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:46 AM

Im sure prozac and pregnancy arent a goo mix however i keep reading 1-2 20 mg tablets of prozac for wd and benadryl for head fog...

#13 ErikaB

ErikaB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:52 AM

It's been almost a week that I've been without Cymbalta. I still have vertigo once I get up and start moving around, but nothing more. I think I'll be ok this time around, thankfully.

I'm on day 3 of no cymbalta. I started taking 60mg about 2 years ago. I'm almost 6 weeks pregnant and thankfully I started to wean myself down to 30 mg way before I found out that I was preggo. As far as withdrawl I too just have vertigo and mild tingling. It kinda lasts all day but I can still function and I can eat. Its just frustrating because I wake up in the morning sick and I'm not sure if its from being pregnant or from the withdrawl. Overall I feel ok though. your post gives me hope, I just really hope me stopping 30 mg cold turkey isn't going to harm the baby. I can deal with a little vertigo.

#14 smd0328

smd0328

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:03 PM

I found out I am pregnant two weeks ago, and also had to quit Cymbalta cold turkey. I'm going from 120 mg to 0, and I feel AWFUL. It's tough to separate the pregnancy symptoms from the Cymbalta withdrawal, but after reading through quite a few threads here, I think I'm having many more withdrawal symptoms than pregnancy! I'm afraid to drive because of dizziness and nausea, have the brain zaps, am totally lethargic, exhausted but have insomnia...I could go on. I hope this doesn't last much longer because I really feel like I am going insane. It's so great to have found a forum of people who know exactly what I'm talking about!
-Sarah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users