5 replies to this topic

#1 InHell

InHell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:47 PM

Hi

I'm looking for some support & advice to deal with my wife while she gets off this drug. By way of background, she has been on some form of anti-depressant for the last 9 years & drugs over this time that I know of have been prozac, zoloft and finally cymbalta.

Against my advice & without telling her doctor, 2 weeks ago she decide to go cold turkey and stop taking the tablets. Since then the family life has been pure chaos. Our 2 young children & I have been subjected to a life of pure unadulterated hell. She has violent outbursts of anger when things don't go her way, & subjects us all the scathing sarcasim and unneccessary extremely rude nitpicking comments that make everyone feel like just leaving her. No one is spared from her rants.

I am behind her 150% of the way through this terrible withdrawal event but need to get some encouragement to keep myself strong. Especially since she now states that she wants a separation.

Any help is appreciated as this tunnel is dark and no light (that I can see )is in sight.

Thanks to all that respond.

#2 Marciarita

Marciarita

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:02 PM

I just wrote you a note and it did not post.

Your wife is one very lucky lady to have an understanding man as yourself. All I can say is try to hang in there, her brain chemistry is completely messed up right now.... trust me, I know.

I can't tell you how all this will end because I am here trying to get off this awful drug but will simply have to wait for an appointment with my doctor who will taper me off the "proper" way, whatever that means.

Hang in there and know that her brain's chemistry is trying to rebalance itself and you, being closest to her, I am assuming, is getting the brunt of it all.

I have an understanding husband (to a point) who is completely freaked out at this drug and I cannot blame him, I am too.

Bless you and I wish your wife a quick rebound.

Marcia

#3 FQCymbalta

FQCymbalta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:57 AM

IT IS HELL!!!

Don't pay any attention to what she says because it doesn't mean anything. I am going through it and I have no idea why I say those things. It's a confused anger, frustration, sadness... and I try to blame it all on something so I can fix it.
What you should be scared of is what she isn't telling you. If she hasn't hurt herself or ran away yet, it is because she is using what little sense she has left to realize it isn't real. Going through it is like a bad acid trip and you just don't care.

#4 InHell

InHell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:10 PM

Hi all, thanks for the replies.

Yes it does get slightly better though the mornings seem to be the worst for myself & the kids. She is still quite irrational & upset at the slighest problem. Hopefully this will get better too.

We have just had our annual holidays and , all considered, had a good time. Sure there were some bad moments on some days but on the whole a good time. She is now talking of the future , planning the next holiday for all of us, so I suppose this is a positive step for all of us.

thanks again for those that replied.

#5 InHell

InHell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:32 PM

My wife has gone back on these pills again. She has decided that her severe moods off the pills is more damaging to those around her than being on the pills. Its back to the doctor for another solution.

#6 ryan

ryan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

You are one heck of a guy!

Sorry she has been sucked back into the Cymbalta black hole. Elli is in it to make money and nothing says cha-ching like heavy withdraws and/or dependancy.

I really wish you all the best. Sounds like she has realized how much she cares for you all and placed herself back on something she hates out of love. You will get through this, just remember to check in so we can be of help or lean fro your experience.

Best wishes,
Ryan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users