• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 peaceofmindyoga

peaceofmindyoga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:38 AM

I am a 39 year old female fibromyalgia patient, who finally weaned off Cymbalta because of the negative side effect. I was on 60mg daily and wanted to sleep all the time, was numb and had an I don't care attitude, weight gain, lack of energy, weird, disturbing dreams about my family, and after awhile it didn't help with the fibro anymore. So I decided to get off of the stuff. Weaned very slowly from 60mg, to 40mg, to 30mg, then 20mg and finally 10mg, over a time period of several months. I have been totally off Cymbalta now for 7 days and feel like I am dying. Withdrawl symptoms include: dizzy, extreme pain all over (like none Ive ever had before), insomnia, irritability, anxiety, depression, hot flashes, sweats, cold spells, nausea, diarrhea, headache, fatigue. Many others, but I can't remember them all. (lol) Anyway, I am wanting to know how long I am going to experience these symptoms and if life will ever get better. I thought by weaning very slowly, I would avoid all this, not so. I have had withdrawl symptoms everytime I decreased my dose for about a week. Well, I am on day 7 of no cymbalta and am getting worse. Need some encouragement right now, I cried last night because the pain was soooo bad. I felt like every ligament, and tendon in my body was going to burst, and my muscles are so tight they are knotted up all over me. Has anyone else had this and how long does it take to get better?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users