1 reply to this topic

#1 Jenspal

Jenspal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:24 AM

I am a 40 yr old female with fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis. Doctor prescribed 60mg of Cymbalta a day as well as Ativan and Tylenol-3 to help manage anxiety and pain. I take 1mg Ativan and 2 Tylenol-3's at bedtime. Since I do not have medical insurance, I've been relying on samples from the doctor for the Cymbalta. I ran out a few days ago and now I feel like I am completely losing my mind. My chest hurts, a tightness that has me fearing I'm having a heart attack. I am extremely light headed and dizzy when I stand up. My arms and hands tingle at times. I have a headache that I can't seem to get rid of. I'm so tired and weak however when I do finally get some sleep, I have horrible, disturbing nightmares. I am jittery, on edge, ready to snap at everyone around me. I feel like crying constantly, I have this urge to bang my head against a wall over and over to make the buzzing/sizzling sound stop. I don't want to be touched by anyone and I find myself getting angry when anyone even tries to talk to me. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror this morning and was horrified! I didn't recognize myself! My eyes look tired/weary, vacant/dead. I can't remember when I last took a shower (seriously!), it hasn't occurred to me to get a shower or get dressed this past week. Scratch that....I just checked my calendar...last shower was Tuesday, December 27th (the only reason I know this is because that was the day I took my son to the hospital for a cat scan). What is happening to me?! My life has always been stressful, especially recently (example: hubby has heart issues, son was in a car accident in Nov. and broke his neck in 3 places), but I've always managed to handle it and come out stronger. Given all that has happened in my life, I can honestly say the last week has been the worst I've ever felt. It is after 2am here and I saw someone on facebook post a warning about stopping meds cold turkey, which is what led me here. Am I finally losing my mind after all these years or is this withdrawal that I'm going through?

#2 mommy25

mommy25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:26 PM

I just got here and your post happens to be the first one I read so I am now registered so I can respond. I, too am in my forties and have been diagnosed with fibro. I have been taking 300mg Wellbutrin and 60mg cymbalta and on top of that I'm still having muscle spasms which seem to be worse when my allergies are bad and my hormones are wild I have probs too so I have also been taking flexeril, allergy meds, clonazapam and now Doc added adderall cuz I can't focus for too long. I decided this week that this is way too many meds and am wanting to get off and go to a diff Doc. I did something stupid and stopped everything all at once and instead took magnesium, d3, and b-complex. The positive is I have not had ANY fibro flare-ups pain but I was feeling exactly what you have described. Yesterday I decided I wanted to be somewhat human as I had a family function to attend so I did take 150mg Wellbutrin and it helped. I'm still having horrible sweating issues. Like I wake up totally drenched in sweat which is why I am now here to see if anyone else has had this prob.
So, in response to your horrible state I would really suggest that you open your capsule, dump some out, recap it and take it for a few days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users