3 replies to this topic

#1 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:35 PM

Well, I actually got out a calendar and counted, and I've been Cymbalta free for 122 days!!! :mrgreen: I've been reading some of my older posts, from the beginning, and I am amazed that I made it. I spent the day with my daughter today, just running errands, got a pedicure, and just had a great day. 6 months ago, heck even 3 months ago, I was barely leaving my house and I didn't want to be around anyone, and I hate that I lost so much of my life to this crap.

I am posting this for a couple of reasons; 1) I am proud of myself, because this was the hardest thing I've ever done and 2) I want anyone struggling to know that it is possible to beat this drug, and you WILL feel like a human again.

Don't lose hope, and I will still hang out to help anyone that needs a lift or a cyber hug.

So, YAY for me!!!!!!

#2 Attorney_Victim

Attorney_Victim

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:43 PM

Good for you!! I'm so glad you posted your update...I think it is important for all Cymbalta "survivors" to stick around on here! First of all, survivors need to help those still suffering (like you said)...because I don't think I would have made it without this site. And also, this is the best place for all of us to share new information. If I file a lawsuit and/or find out any important info, you guys will be the first to know!!

Congrats again on your 122 days...I'm only 6 days in, but already so much better!!

#3 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:37 AM

Congrats Babby!! The song by Barry Manilow comes to mind......Looks like we made it.... :D You have been a big inspiration to me and so many others. I am thankful for the ones who continue to hang around to help the others who are just going through the hard times. But I am sure there are those who dont want to be reminded of where they have been. It is kind of like those who may be a recovering alcoholic or like myself, domestic violence survivor. Some people jump in and help those because we have so much to offer these people because we have been there, but there are others who just cant be reminded of their past. It hurts too much, they may have lost a job or relationship during that time and can only move forward without the reminder of coming back to the message board to help others. Selfish? I guess that would all depend on the person. Like we have said so many times, we are all different and handle situations differently. I know when I first started healing from domestic violence, I wanted to work with a shelter or something.....but then I realized I couldnt. The reminder was not allowing me to heal. So anyway, I babbled again, but for those who do keep helping the 'new' members, thank you very much!

#4 CathyH

CathyH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:14 PM

Help. I so badly want to be there, on the other side. I'm suffering so much. I don't know what to do. My mind is such a mess, I'm so emotional I can't stand it. I feel so awful. It's day 11. Don't know how I'm going ot makeit. I don't even know what to do with myself. I can't sit still, I can't stand, I can't lie down. I can't talk about it, but it's the only thing i can talk aboiut. So much misery. I can't even describe it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users