• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Shakeybritches

Shakeybritches

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:49 PM

I have had a couple of "anger" outbursts since ending my tapering of Cymbalta, I hope this is only a symptom of withdrawal from this horrible drug.

As I look back over the week I feel like I wasn't myself at all, like it wasn't even me! Help? :cry:

#2 Shakeybritches

Shakeybritches

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:31 PM

Thank you thank you thank you!!!
I really was worried. I do have that "observer" thing too!
It was really freaking me out, I will watch out for the triggers, but when it comes in conversation.....well, it's hard to avoid until too late.

Many many thanks for that eye opening and heart easing reply......Errol

#3 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:43 AM

Yep, rage was my worst withdrawal side effect. Greybeard, you are so right, it was very odd. I knew I was out of control. I KNEW that my anger was not validated. The more I yelled at my boyfriend, the more I knew I had lost control, the more I would yell because I was ANGRY for loosing my temper in the first place. Then he would ask me, "What did I do to upset you?" Well, I cant just tell him nothing or that I was yelling because I could. So I had to think fast and think of something he had done to blame it on. Of course, making it HIS fault, not mine. But now thank God, those times are behind me.

Even though I may still get stressed more so than I used to, or more exhausted than I used to be, and some movies may still effect me from time to time, still, the really rough times I had from coming off Cymbalta seem so far way. Its really hard to remember them. Hang in there and soon, it will be a thing of the past. I can tell you I have come through the "Worm hole" (Greybeards terminology) with a deeper zest for life, my prayers are more fervently, my love for my family is so much deeper, and I am with family all the time. Right now it will be hard for you to see this, but trust in the fact that you will come through this just like we have. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lori

#4 robyn_amber

robyn_amber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:29 AM

GB and Lori have already expressed perfectly what I would say. Still, knowing more people have experienced it makes me feel better. So, I'm adding my two cents. The rage is crazy. I've posted that I think the symptoms have gone, but now thinking about it, I'm still struggling with this every so often. Photoshop seems to trigger frustration often. -.- Not cool. LOL I have projects I'm working on, and I don't know the the program well, so I'm learning as I go. Not knowing how to do something makes me cry eventually. Gosh, this is hard to explain, but if I know that I want to do something in Photoshop, and I'm not sure how to do it, I start crying in frustration after just a few moments of trying to do it. So, there's a trigger for ya. I need to learn to walk away from the program. ^.^ Anyway, I have to watch for triggers, too. If I become enraged, it aggravates my gastritis, and I never never never want to have a night like I did before. So, there's my two cents, if it's even making sense. LOL

#5 lloorraaiinnee

lloorraaiinnee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:14 PM

I can relate to this one! Totally angry and irritable, which is way out of character for me. I'm a big jerk because most of my outbursts are towards my kids! I will be glad when this is over! Hang in there - you're not alone!

Lorraine

#6 Yoursewsweet

Yoursewsweet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:
    I take Cymbalta and experience alot of what these people are experiencing.

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:01 PM

Oh boy I am in my 7th day off of Cymbalta and am going throught he same thing. I am so glad I came across this. I thought I might have to go back which there is no way that I want to. Ok so this is not going to last forever. Thank God!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users