1 reply to this topic

#1 AlaskanOuchie

AlaskanOuchie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:17 AM

Hi All,

New here. Just found this site, and like most of you it seems, I am very glad to have a name for this debilitating illness I've been suffering through. I've been off cymbalta for about a week now, and still suffering. Day 7 was okay, but then that night the dizziness and random crying struck again.
My question to you all is this: Have any of you sought help with managing the symptoms of the withdrawal? I've read about some of you going on prozac to help, but what about straight up pain medication for the headaches? Or another medicine for the dizziness and nausea?
I have to be able to work, and right now I can't.

Thoughts?

#2 Gracie2012

Gracie2012

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

Hi AlaskanOuchie,

Bless your heart. I'm so sorry you are struggling so coming off the Cymbalta. I am still on it and joined this forum to see what I'm in for when I get off of it. I was put on it for depression/severe chronic back pain. Did nothing for either and I'm on 60 mg.

There are many people in here with some very good and wise advice. Hope you get a lot of answers to your question(s)... and hope you get some hope/relief from those who have been through this withdrawal process. Wish I could help. But as I mentioned, I'm not there yet. Have to finish my taper off of Methadone (prescribed for pain also) which has been a trip to hell... been off the Methadone for almost 4 weeks now and am STILL suffering. Gosh, wish these doctors had to experience what we are experiencing coming off of these drugs they so freely prescribe... maybe they'd think twice before getting us in trouble! Grrrrrrr!

I hope things get better for you very soon... I will pray for you, my new friend.

Also curious if you gained weight on the Cymbalta? I put on 40lbs! Not good for a bad back, let alone the depression. Sheesh!

Hugs, Gracie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users