• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 emoboy44

emoboy44

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:23 PM

It's a good idea for me anyway. I am now on day 5 completely off the meds and the brain zaps are really hard to dseal with. I am a professional early in my career (I'm only 27) and I have meetings with bosses and reports all the time. My concentration is really starting to fade because every time I'm on a role, I get zapped back a bit. I know poeple differ, and so does the length of the zaps, but can anyone tell me how long this will last? Even a lie would be ok at this point.

This week has been especially difficult because now I'm totally off and Ihave had a seminar all week for work. Luckilly it's not a travelling one for me, but I'm working from 7am to 10pm. I come home exhausted and in tears because I have been pretending that everything is ok at work. Only one person seemed to notice a difference.....so far.

#2 CathyH

CathyH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:29 PM

I'm at day 13, and the emotional turmoil is the worst part for me. I can't tell you how long. I wish I was on the other side already, too. I've read that it can last for a few weeks, a month, and sometimes longer. I've also heard that the bad days come and go--I can attest to that myself. Hope you can get more info from more people who know.

CAthyH

#3 emoboy44

emoboy44

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:35 PM

I only have the brain zaps. I have been lucky that I DO NOT get sick to my stomach. I have an "iron gut". The only outrage I experience is due to the g*ddamn zaps. That is the ONLY symptom I have and IMHO I would trade it for any of the other ones. I can control my anger through some other methods I have learned through the years, but I can't really do this when I can't keep my concentration.

What helps control the zaps? I REFUSE to take any new drugs. Medication is what put me here, I'm done with it. Please help me with natural methods of limiting the zaps. If someone tells me that eating raw fish guts cured their zaps, I'll give it a shot. It's not at the point where it will affect my career at this point, but it could, and I do not want that to happen. I can't say how bad I dopn't want that to happen. I actually love my job.

#4 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:07 PM

Well, raw fish guts might do something, but I would instead recommend a good Omega 3 supplement. That seemed to do the trick for me, and the zaps bgan to minimize during week 2. Avoid caffeine too, and try herbal teas. Benedryl worked for some, but I think it made my zaps worse, but then it doesn't make me sleepy either, it makes me hyper. Getting a good nights sleep helps, if you can manage that. Melatonin is good for that, one 3 mg tab at bedtime, and I found that Sleepytime tea with valerian also helps. I notice even now, after over 120 days, that if I get too tired, I will get the zaps again.

Hope this helps some.

Babby

#5 CathyH

CathyH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:20 AM

I get the zaps alot, too, but don't have a natural remedy. I'm prescribed Klonopin, and that takes the zaps away withing 10 minutes of taking it. I may have a few breakthrough zaps, but not many.

I agree with the Melatonin. I take it at night too, and it is very effective. I'm usually asleep within a half hour of taking it.

Good luck to you. I'm at day 14, and have gone through some real shit, but I did it, and so can you. Everyday you put behind you during withdrawals is a day you never have to experience again.

Be well.....
CathyH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users