1 reply to this topic

#1 jr1985

jr1985

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:14 AM

Hello,

I'd been on Effexor (similar to Cymbalta) for about 2 years before weaning off the first time. I got scared after the withdrawals started and went back on it, however, I couldn't tolerate it the second time for some reason, so I decided to quit again.

I wean myself off by halving the dose weekly from 75mg to 9mg before stopping completely after about a month. I realise this was probably too fast but I was desperate to get off it.

Now, after a month, the brain zaps, flu-symptoms, etc are gone but I'm left with this brain fog/fuzziness and it's seriously compromising my Ritalin, which I take for ADHD. It doesn't feel as effective and the side effects feel worse (causing anxiety when it used to calm me down, etc).

I'm desperate to get back to normal as I go back to university in a couple of weeks and I really need my concentration in tact, otherwise I know I won't be able to cope.

I've heard a small dose of Prozac may help, but I don't know if it's too late for this? May I should just ride it out? Any idea how long this brain fuzziness lasts for?

#2 Doug

Doug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:55 AM

I recommend you try adding prozac/fluoxetine to use while discontinuing Cymbalta. Don't be afraid to use fairly high doses of the fluoxetine, as it has a very long half-life (i.e., it slowly tapers off after you stop taking it). This is perhaps the main reason it is so helpful with withdrawal symptoms. Years ago, I used Prozac to get of Effexor.
I am just now beginning my trial to quite Cymbalta.
Best of luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users