• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 graces_gizmo

graces_gizmo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:05 PM

Has anybody tried The Road Back Program for withdrawal from this awful drug? http://www.theroadback.org

I am trying to withdrawal from 30 mg. My Dr said there was nothing to do but quit taking it when I got down to 1- 30mg cap. Lord was he wrong!!!!!! I just went through 3 days of hell. I broke down today and took a full dose. Not a failure but a learning experience. I can't go off cold turkey. I also now know how going off is going to effect me so I can be prepared.
I was dizzy, nauseous, violent vomiting after 1st day ( couldn't even keep chicken broth down and was peeing myself as I was vomiting) , my allergies went bananas, had burning fever alternating with with freezing chills, back ache, and itchiness. All this on top of the insomnia, muscle aces, restless legs and 20 pd weight gain I have been coping with for the last 6 mths.
Today is the 1st time I have been able to put 10 words together in a sentence since Sunday night. My hubby was ready to take me to the hospital! I knew there was no point in that, they would just put me on more drugs! Tempting though when you are suffering so horribly!

I plan now to get as strong as possible, and prepare to try again at a MUCH SLOWER PACE. Hubby counted pellets and made up a week at 95% to start me off, when I'm ready.

Tired and gotta rest.
Thanks,
graces_gizmo

#2 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:58 PM

I didn't try it, becaue mainly, when I tried to read all of the steps, I got confused and thought to hell with it.

Many of us used portions of it, as it relates to nutrion, Omega 3 supplements, or foods rich in it, protein drinks, herbal teas etc. I guess if your husband is there to help you with it, AND you can afford it, it would be worth a try. I just didn't have anyone to help me figure it out, and my brain was mush!

#3 Genealogizer

Genealogizer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:48 PM

graces_gizmo - and all- probably everybody else knows this, but I didn't. I asked my psydoc today about the histamine receptor situation with Cymbalta; he told me that it has epinephrine (sp?) and that's why when you stop taking it, you have the histamine overload. We have been taking an antihistamine, and we stop: rebound allergy, flu, whatever you call them, the symptoms are real. I shall now go take half a dose of Dayquil, which is the only antihistamine in the house. (stalks off, muttering to self)

#4 graces_gizmo

graces_gizmo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:36 PM

I don't know if I want to put anything new into my body right now. It may benefit but I and my hubby are really concerned about a bad reaction. I have bad reactions to things most people don't. I can't even find a multi vitamin I can take without a reaction. I am extremely sensitive most of the time, let alone when I'm doing something like withdrawing from a potent RX.

Thanks for the replies,
graces_gizmo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users