6 replies to this topic

#1 ShannonB538

ShannonB538

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:55 AM

Hi everyone.
I am going on 30 days without Cymbalta. My "brain zaps" have subsided FINALLY. The only side effects that I have now seem to be just a really hard time focusing and lack of energy. While they are absolutely anoying, it is 100% better than the brain zaps. While I do not recommend anyone do things the way I did, I started taking vitamin B for the lack of energy and did a total detox cleanse to try to remove whatever was remaining of the meds in my body. I do feel much better than I did when I first stopped, I still feel I have a way to go. I am really hoping to have this beat by my birthday (in April). Just a goal I have set for myself. Again, while I do not recommend it, I do not regret quiting cold turkey. I just cannot see going to the doctor and them putting me on other meds to "withdraw" from this one.
Please hang on. Just try to be strong.

#2 Calli1975

Calli1975

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:44 PM

Thanks for sharing, it's been a week for me & I am praying I can make it. So miserable.

#3 Uriel

Uriel

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

Hi
I tried cold turkey day four was great , day 7 was wicked. I couldn't function for work.
I ended up going back on it for 7 days. Now i'm doing the decreasing the amount in the capsule.
If i didn't have to work i think i would have stuck out the cold turkey thing , but the pharmacist said it's better to wean off of it if your having real bad withdrawl. So I am going to do that for now.
This is day 1 with 20 out of the capsule , feeling headache and nausea tonight and thats only 2mg out, hopefully my body adjusts in a couple days , then the cycle will start again when i decrease more.
Not sure which is better.

#4 peaches

peaches

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:14 PM

I took pristiq for two yrs then doc switched me to cymbalta. I started 30mg for month then 60 for a couple of months. I just quit cold turkey just last Sunday. I'm taking omega 3,6,9 fish oils and 5-htp vitamins, get these and the brain zaps will go away in 20-30min after u take them. I'm 7 days cymbalta free and I have no anxiety or mood swings, just nausea. I just took my 5-htp 45min ago due to nasuea, I was Irritable and moody, dizzy. It kicked it in 20min tops I feel good!! Look up 5-htp it works wonders and its only a vitamin. The vitamins cost no more than $12.00

#5 Vic

Vic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:02 AM

I don't know but is very hard to maintain calm after 2 years on cynbalta without it, I had have to read more of your comments to be strong and concord

#6 Vic

Vic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:14 AM

And overcome

#7 Lanore

Lanore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

I am on day 3 of cold turkey withdrawal, been on CYM gor 3 months. When will I feel better. This is worse than chemo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users