• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 girlagogo

girlagogo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 03:14 AM

It's day 3 since I took my last few grains of cymbalta and I'm still here but...I'm actually HERE! No longer a bystander or living in a hazy, befuddle, foggy dreamworld things are becoming so much clearer.

Whilst I was on them:
Less anxious, bordering on apathy
It felt like I had some sort of defensive shield around me that no matter what anyone said or did, it didn't bother me! So not like me!
Went to work and managed to work for the first few hours, then spent the next 5 or 6 basically staring at my computer whilst trying to make my brain process information and work
Went to bed stupidly early each night and slept all night, often waking up late for work or just struggling to get out of bed
Weight gain - about 10 pounds and stuffing my face constantly
Dry skin and dull complexion
Forgetful and losing the thread of people's conversations - my boyfriend started thinking I was doing it on purpose and being ignorant when I kept asking him to go back to the start of his what he was saying, but it was the damn DRUGS! :evil:
More sociable at first but in the last 3 months of taking cymbalta, I couldn't be bothered to tidy my flat, wash dishes, clean, to cook, to even get out of bed and half my weekends were spent eating sleeping, reading and surfing the net from my bed! So this had the reverse effect of making me less sociable because my flat was so messy I was too embarassed to invite friends around, whilst spending hours working out how I was going to summon the effort to tidy up what would take just half an hour! :shock:

Withdrawal
The symptoms aren't that bad. I was on 60mg for just over 6 months then started tapering off over the next 2 without even seeing my doctor (I was scared that they might try to stop me withdrawing from them and didn't want anyone putting doubts into my already foggy, muzzy head!) . My head's a bit swishy around my eyes, a bit like the sensation of being on a rollercoaster, going up and down. I'm really thirsty and my mouth kind of feels buzzy. I'm also sleeping less.

The Best Bits
Read this and remember when you are feeling crappy from withdrawal....For the first time in about 7 months, I FEEL again! I listen to music and I'm feeling the beat and emotions, singing to the words and dancing whereas before I didn't really notice and I've always loved my music. I've go my sparkle back! :D The witty, sharp old self has returned and my head is so chuffing clear. It's like someone walked into my head, changed the light bulb from 60watts to 120 watts and switched on the lights. :idea:
I'm concentrating at work, my flat's tidier and clean than ever before, I'm getting stuff done and I'm losing weight! My skin's glowing and I can see and hear everthing so much better. I'm actually LIVING again, whilst on cymbalta I was in a waking sleep, easy to control and wrapped in a false cotton wool sense of security that wasn't real. Hey, I even get irritable and annoyed again and that in itself is GREAT compared to just feeling.....nothingness.

MY WORLD IS IN TECHNICOLOUR AGAIN. Don't give up everyone because coming out the other side is wonderful. Anyone else experienced this new life???!!

#2 CathyH

CathyH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:53 PM

Hi Girlagogo........I can relate to feeling again!! Sometimes it's a little overwhelming for me, and I have to remember that this is life, and I'm SUPPOSED TO FEEL. I, too, was so wrapped in that cotton swaddling, and not much penetrated it. I have also cut another med way down, Seroquel, and that has a lot to do with feeling again, too. I feel like I have myself back again!!!!!

The one thing that does bother me is that I get snappy and ticky alot. I snap at my family, and have a general feeling of irritation. I know a classic withdrawal symptom is aggression, and I'm hoping as the withdrawals pass, so will the irritability. I don't know, tho. I have my doubts on that one.

Anyway, keep it up!!!!!!

CathyH

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users