• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pet123

pet123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:36 AM

My Husband was prescribed this 10 days ago he has hot flushes , zapping in and out said he has lost his feelings emotionless , cant eat and is so sleepy all the time and on top of this cant ejaculate this is making him more depressed so he wants to come off and go on to St Johns wart which i used after a accident years ago can any one tell me how long it will take to get out of his system and when he should start the St Johns wart i have read it can take 2 days to get the medication out of the body we were told by our GP this was a fantastic medication that it had NO side affects and not addictive thanks all

#2 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

I have taken cymbalta for 6 years. I tapered very slowly for 1 year and a half. I had many symptoms but they were manageable until I reached lower doses. New symptoms began to appear. I couldn´t breath. I would try to get air and it was a very hard task. I began having new allergies. I couldn´t digest food, the food would get stuck between the esophagus and the stomach. I would go to the bathroom once a week. At the beginning of tapering I had trouble finding words. As I got to lower doses I couldn´t speak at all, I couldn´t comprehend written or spoken language. I had prickling sensations all over my body. I began having new joint pains, gastritis, thyroid problems which I never had before the medication. And the list of physicial symptoms goes on. Concerning emotional symptoms, the symptoms for which cymbalta was prescribed (depression) turned into severe paranoia, depersonalization, derealization, crying fits, rage fits, uncontrollable laughter, constant panic attacks, mood swings (cycling rapidly from one minute to the other). I had to go back on the medication and would probably have to take it for life since the withdrawal symptoms are unbearable to me. Cymbalta no longer helps my depression, but I am not able to quit it. I was diagnosed with Depression and now after 6 years of taking cymbalta I am being told I am Bipolar (I had never mood swings before the medication). Before cymbalta I didn´t take medications. Now besides cymbalta I have to take a medicine for sugar problems, thyroid problems, gastritis. And since my emotional problems are not solved my doctor wants to add another psychotropic medication.

#3 Risenbeauty

Risenbeauty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:46 PM

Whoever told you Cymbalta has no side effects, lied.

Contact your doctor but I would get off it as SLOWLY AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE and as for St. John's Wort, I really have no idea. Don't mix the two until you check with a health care professional.

#4 vettergirl

vettergirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:57 AM

I had ALLL of the problems plus you are talking about here over the last 12 or so yrs!!! It could all be related to antibodies and your autoimune system...I have been asking for T3..doc wouldnt give it to me but he would give me all the pain meds and any other drug some pretty sales girl brought into his office!!! I finally educated myself with 4 books written by docs and went online and bought it for myself. It is working!!!! I have been through every test and drug you can imagine that has made me disabled over the last 10 yrs....not one worked or showed anything except all the damage done to my body. Now only armor or thyroid-s and I am much better after 10 days off the cymbalta!!! Thank god for dead pigs!!! I can actually sit for 10 minutes without my hips raging at me to change position. I can walk up the hill without gasping for air, I notice that I have a 14 yr old that needs me and a husband that loves me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users