No replies to this topic

#1 Winchester

Winchester

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • why_joining:
    Cold turkeyed Pristiq, that sucked a lot. Now I'm trying to taper down on cymbalta, which also sucks.

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

So, I went on cymbalta a few months after coming off Pristiq. I quit pristiq cold turkey and the withdrawal lasted for 3 months, and I hopped on cymbalta. It was a pretty big blow to my pride, I thought I was strong enough to outlast it, but it kicked my ass.

So now I'm gonna try tapering down cymbalta. I've been on 60mg for almost a year now, 9 months to be exact. It's not advised to drop in half to 30mg, so that leaves me with few options... One of which was breaking open the capsule and counting it out etc... So what I did was break it open, saw how many granules there was, set 1/6th of it aside, or sorry, what looked like 1/6th, so that I could hope to have maybe close to 50mg left. The process of stuffing it back into the capsule seemed like a lot of time, so I palmed the granules and licked 'em off my hand. I read up that maybe that isn't the best way, and in the morning I'll be getting some apple juice or applesauce. I have the withdrawal right now, granted it's a seriously toned down version. Only one nostril is bleeding and the brain shocks are few and far in between.

Not much of importance can be said right now, I'm just a very impatient guy so the idea of spending months coming off this just isn't going to work for me, so I'm hoping every week I can lower my dose in my half-assed way and get the hell off anti-depressants for good. Thanks for reading if ya have, I got few ambitions in life right now, I'm in a good place, but I'm determined to square this shit away. Sorry for my crude language!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users