• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Deedee1

Deedee1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:28 AM

Hi everyone, I posted my story yesterday. ONLY 52 days on Cymbalta 60mgs, and now on my 9th day of cold Turkey.

Just when I think symptoms are getting better, I wake up after a night of terrors and sleeplessness, and have to run straight to the bathroom to throw up!!

I'm getting scared now, almost went to hospital but things eased off for now. Not looking forward to today, it's really scaring me that only 7 weeks on this drug has done so much damage.

Please tell me it gets better!! Everytime I think it does, it gets worse, symptoms seem to be much shorter but much stronger. Anyone else had similar? Is there hope? Have I damaged myself forever?

Scared!!

#2 jgbounds

jgbounds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:05 AM

I know how scared you are! Does your doctor know what you are doing? Cymbalta is a scary drug to come off of. I am on day 21 off of cymbalta, cold turkey.......I still feel sick to my stomach, vertigo, and very weepy. My doctor put me on a low dose of wellbutrin and then was going to up the dose......that's when I said enough!!! I stopped the Wellbutrin as well. I have been up since 2:30am and it is 7:00am and I haven't cried....thats progress for me!!!!! Hang in there honey, it's going to get better! jgbounds

#3 Deedee1

Deedee1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

You're so kind thank you.. I will hang in and stay strong hopefully.

I haven't told my Doctor yet, I don't want to be put on a lower dose and weaned off. I've come this far, no turning back!!

Although I don't like to hear that u and others are suffering, it's sort of comforting to come here and know I'm not alone..

Had about 3 good, symptom free hours today but it's back again. At least that's a bit of progress for me!!

#4 Risenbeauty

Risenbeauty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:55 PM

Hang in there. I'm trying Prozac right now and I'll let you know if that helps. It will get better-- it has to.

#5 Deedee1

Deedee1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:16 PM

Thank you Risenbeauty :-)

#6 cinderella

cinderella

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Locationpeterborough ontario
  • why_joining:
    i joined this because people need to be aware of the crap this drug puts people thru

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:23 PM

hi everyone,thought id reply to this im on my 2 week cymbalta free and its getting ruffer for me too,the crying spells have started and most days i dont even feel capable of doing my jobeven though its only 3 hours a day. it almost makes ya think your loosing your mind because im forgetting what to do at my job,one minute i feel like me then the next it feels like im walking around in a cloud.i dont like feeling theses side effects but the side effects i was having while taking cymbalta were alot worse. i find after a good cry i start to feel me again for awhile. i was taking 30mg then the doc upped it to 60mg and thats when the side effects really got bad.i had really bad hot flashes,pulse went thru the roof, thoughts about susicide thats when i knew to stop taking them.iv only been on them a few months aswell.any sugestions on wether to go to hospital or just ride it out would be appreciated.or any natural things to relieve theses side effects from not taking them.the brain saps have easied off alot.

#7 Deedee1

Deedee1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:36 AM

Hi Cinderella,

Welcome to my world!! This is crazy isn't it?!
Ive forgotten what it feels like to have a clear head!!! Will I EVER have a clear head again?? This dizziness and foggy brain are just too much now! (day 10 cold turkey)

I'd like some natural remedy tips too as there's NO WAY I'm going on any other drug to ease these symptoms. The only thing I'm taking are omega 3 caps, but I havent noticed any difference.

I started exercising yesterday as someone here said it's good to work up a sweat and get yr heart rate up. It was tough but I did it, and will do it at least 4-5 times a week.

I kinda want to tell my Doc but honestly what can she do?? I don't want any other prescription drugs that's for sure.

Glad and thankful I have u guys and I don't have to face this Hell alone xx

#8 Deedee1

Deedee1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:57 PM

Wow jgbounds, loads of good info there.... Thank you for sharing. Will def try the peppermint candy, and the Marajuana sounds tempting too but I'll only go there if I get REALLY desperate. ;-)

I guess u live in the States!! Im in London but I did see President Obama singing! It made me smile!! I haven't been tearful at all, maybe that's yet to come!!

Jeez you're on day 22 and still feeling dizzy... Ohhhhhh. How long were u taking Cymbalta?? I wasonly on it 7 stupid weeks!!

#9 Deedee1

Deedee1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:15 PM

Hi jgbounds, that's quite a history you have there. Mine is simply that I "felt" depressed and went to my doc and was prescribed cymbalta!!

I hope u don't go back on it after coming this far, I know I won't. However.... I'm feeling so sick that I'm tempted to go on Prozac to help my symptoms, I'll see what the doctor says!!

As for depression, I'm not depressed at all, don't think I ever was. I'm raring to go. But these damn symptoms are holding me back.

#10 cinderella

cinderella

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Locationpeterborough ontario
  • why_joining:
    i joined this because people need to be aware of the crap this drug puts people thru

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:24 PM

well tomorrow is my birthday and with this shit im going thru it will be one ill never forget,went up to hospital yesterday from work because i couldnt do my job,got there at about 215 was still waiting at 7pm to be called in to be seen so i left there were still people ahead of me to be seen,our hospital is a joke,anyways called family doctor today was told she wont give me anything to help me because it was my shrink who put me on this crap so i have to wait to see him next week.im so pissed right now that they are suppose to help people and they dont have the time.anyways didnt go to work today knew i couldnt do my job,one minute i feel alright and the next it feels like the flu my ears ring,feel like cant breathe right ,chest feels tight also. i have started to take fish oil once a day but havent noticed any changes yet.im going to make sure the doctor on tuesday really knows what iv been going thru with this shit.its taking all my strenght right now to have a bath ectra because i feel so off balance and like the flu.im glad i have my boyfriend here with me because i dont know what i would do if it was just me alone,this is really scary stuff to go thru. will post more after my docs visit on tuesday.i was on celexa before this shit and i never had a problem with it.

#11 Deedee1

Deedee1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:15 PM

Omg Cinderella, it really is like living in a nightmare!!
I hope you feel better really soon. For what it's worth Happy Birthday, hope u have a better day!
Good luck at the Docs!! I'm seeing my Doc Monday morning too!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users