2 replies to this topic

#1 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:07 AM

Obtaining your medical records might be regulated by the state you live in.

Here is what I have found:
Doctor - to - Doctor medical record exchange - they will fax your records after you fill out a form releasing them free of charge (at least in the state I live in)

You (the patient) want a copy of your medical records - They charge for this. $25 fee plus a per copy page. Each time I have requested mine to be released to me, you would have thought I was asking somebody to drink acid. You can get them and will probably be disappointed at the extreme lack of information.

Test results were useful and helped eliminate duplicate testing - doctors notes were minimal and basically belonged in the recycle bin.

#2 big_orange_kitty

big_orange_kitty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:22 PM

[color=#0040BF]Thanks so much for the imput. I have been getting a lot of slack from my family about all this. One sister that is a PA said to go after the doctors that perscribed the meds because they knew she was under the age of 18 when they perscribed Cymbalta. Don't know how to do that when the doc. is dead. Just going through a lot of stress trying to get info and finding help for my daughter. It is CRAZY!

But I do appriciate your imput!
Thank you!

olor]

#3 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:50 PM

Big Orange Kitty - try the pharmacy that you got the prescriptions filled. They will have records of the prescribing doctor, name of patient and dates that the medicine was prescribed.

If you got samples, do you still have any of those white sheets with the tiny type? I know the sample boxes have codes on them, not sure about the sheets.

Good luck and health to you, your daughter and everyone else out there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users