3 replies to this topic

#1 Atlasymm

Atlasymm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

FIRST - Thank God for this website.

Here's my story. My husband was laid off and we lost our insurance. Of course, who can afford it? Not me. So, I called my doctors office and he phoned in a prescription for Wellbutrin with instructions to stop taking Cymbalta for 5 days before starting Wellbutrin. Okay, since he has been my doctor for 15 years and has prescribed me through the many Rx's that eventually lead me to Cymbalta, I accepted his instructions. (This is all by way of the nurse over the phone). Today is day 4 and I thought I was sick and having a breakdown. Dizzy or head swimming, crying, achy, hungry, but not, NO energy, foggy head; pretty much a walking zombie. Honestly, I had NO idea there would be withdrawal symptoms until my husband said something. Are you nuts? I've gone without my other AD's before and never had anything like this happen. So, I went to internet and searched and found this website. OMG, I'm not nuts, I'm not having a breakdown, I'm having withdrawal. I honestly think if I had known that this drug was so addictive 3 years ago, I would not have agreed to switch.

So, here's my question, oh wise ones. Has anyone switched from Cymbalta to Wellbutrin before? Did it work? Did the withdrawal symptoms stop?

I guess I'm just wanting someone to give me a crystal ball.

Thanks in advance.

#2 AshleyA

AshleyA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

I took Wellbutrin XL alongside Cymbalta and it was effective, but I can't say that it will work on its own. I do know that it doesn't prevent any withdrawal symptoms. :/

#3 Russ

Russ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:25 PM

Hello Atlasymm
I've been on several AD's (for about 7 or 8 years) and just two days ago stopped 60 MG of Cymbalta 1X / day. Had been on it for about 6 months, but insurance pays a lot less now on "Brand Name" as everyone knows. The $10.00 for a 90 day supply of Budeprion XL (Wellbutrin Generic) is what I started two days ago and I guess it's impossible for me to say if the stopping Cymbalta is what's causing me some of the things you mention or if it's the generic for a completely different AD. The weird tingling in my head and down my arms, nausea, anxiety ups and downs, lack of appetite and other feelings or sensations I'd wish on nobody. God bless you with success.

#4 Lupie

Lupie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:40 AM

Day 10 off Cymbalta., withdrawals gone, There is light at the end of the tunnel. I know its different for everyone but hang in there you will get there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users