• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mentalheatlhtherapist

mentalheatlhtherapist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

Hello to all. I just wanted to let you know that I'm so thankful that I have found this site and will contribute my anyway I can. I have been taking Cymbalta for about a year and am trying very hard to get off of it. I work in the mental health field (therapist), with psychiatrists and I have had many patients on Cymbalta but I've never heard of the horrible, complex withdrawal symptoms. I was never warned about anything by the Orthapedic MD that prescribed it for my radiating back/leg pain. I've spoke to his office staff and they made me feel like it was something wrong with me. I thought I had a brain tumor or something was really wrong with me. The nurse even told me that the Cymbalta could be "masking something" and now that I'm coming off of it the symptoms are showing.She also assured me no one else has ever complained about issues such as I was describing. OMG, I know exactly what I have after reading all of the posts here as well as from other sites. I can't believe that Lilly doesn't describe this problem on their website or there isn't a freaking black box warning for withdrawl of this drug!!!! I just called Lily and spoke with a nurse consultant who said she'd put me in the system as a medical professional and she would get back with me "on a number" to enter to get information on how to titrate the Cymbalta dose down to decrease the symptoms that absolutely impair my ability to function. I'm hoping she'll give me a dose reduction schedule that I can share with my doctor tomorrow. I'm also thinking about going to Hook's Apothocary to get smaller dose capsules made up so I don't have to count out beeds. I was once taking 160mg. of Cymbalta daily and now am down to 30 mg. every other day. I can feel exactly when it is time for the next dose. It scared me yesterday when the symptoms didn't subside as fast as they usually do when I take the 30mg. pill. Last night I ended up taking an old 60mg. one I had because I was so very desperate. I feel like an addicted person, needing to get a "fix". I can't believe this is happening. I have taken many prescription drugs in the past for various problems and have never, ever had a problem like this. I'm also filing a formal complaint with the FDA. I printed out the complaint form, which is 12 pages long but it will be worth it if we all file complaints and then maybe Lily will be forced to do something, such as offer titration schedules, different doses, and plain old warnings!!!!!!!!! Thanks again everyone for your advice and support.
Jenny

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users