• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jp1

Jp1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:21 AM

I have been on cymbalta 60mg for chronic pain and had noticed a gradually decline in "being myself." I sought the advice of my Rx doctor and also my pcp, with a difference on how to get off this awful Rx! Te Rx doctor told me to do 1 week of 30mf and than to cease te Rx, my pcp told me 1 week of 30mg and than to do every other day. Neither of these have worked for me! After about 35 hours I begin to feel the withdrawals everyone of you have mentioned, the zingers, the vertigo, dizzy, etc. I consulted the pharmacy about triturating down further and was told that cymbalta does not offer a lower dose than 30 mg and that a compounding Rx would not lower the dose down further for me. I was also advised not to try and load my own pills with a lower dose. I am feeling trapped and pissed that no one advised me of the seriousness of these side effects! Has anyone else gone beyond what is recommended and made their own lower low doses of cymbalta and how long will these side effects endure? Ive read anywhere from 2 weeks or longer! I am the mother of two small toddler boys, 1 with autism and I need my brain to work correctly! I can't quit being a parent due to the withdrawals! If anyone had advice, I'll gladly take it And I'd even be willing to post my phone number if someone would rather take to me versus posting on the website. It's bad enough that I have the chronic pain, but feeling crazy is way worse! Help me!!

#2 Uriel

Uriel

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:11 AM

Hi
My dr and pharmacist both supported me on loading my own pills. I take 20 granules out every 10 days. I had to count them first to see how many were in the pills . Mine are 30mg and in canada so they are different than the states. But not sure why you were told not to do that.
My pharmacist said its the best way to get off it. She gave me extra containers so i could do a month at a time . Also a container for what i take out so i take it to her to get rid of it. It's tedious but well worth it. I am getting pretty good at it now lol.. I check in wqither her every 10 days. So far so good.

#3 melly

melly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

I am also loading my own. My pharmacist gave me empty capsules. I think you can purchase empty capsules at most health food stores. I have gone from 60 to 30 for a week and now am on my second day of 15. I have had some bad days and some not so bad days. My fibro pain is becoming more pronounced. The omega 3/6/9 and gravol helps. My husband says I am not thrashing about every night anymore so hopefully it goes away after. I think loading your own capsules may be the best way to go. Good luck.

#4 Clem

Clem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:46 PM

Hi
My dr and pharmacist both supported me on loading my own pills. I take 20 granules out every 10 days. I had to count them first to see how many were in the pills . Mine are 30mg and in canada so they are different than the states. But not sure why you were told not to do that.
My pharmacist said its the best way to get off it. She gave me extra containers so i could do a month at a time . Also a container for what i take out so i take it to her to get rid of it. It's tedious but well worth it. I am getting pretty good at it now lol.. I check in wqither her every 10 days. So far so good.

I have only been on it for ten days but have had so many adverse reactions and strange feelings I have decided I would be best served without this poison, since it appears Lilly has a very questionable agenda here that really is boiling down to legal drug dealers making billions without having to answer for their crimes. Why the FDA does not withdraw it from the market can only be down to loss of revenue for the millions in taxation it brings the US government, which is sadly needed more than ever in this economy, even if it means ruining lives or indeed people actually dying.

I have opened the pill and counted on average in each 30 mg pill there are 281-286 small spheres. I did this by taking a photo and then in a paint program maticulously putting a dot on each to know what the 'norm' is. I too plan to drop mine by 10%, but I am curious how long that you have been on the drug to begin with? I have heard of people being on this only 10 or 12 days but having adverse problems for months even after slowly weening off. Good luck to you ☺

Attached Files

#5 Clem

Clem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

I have been on cymbalta 60mg for chronic pain and had noticed a gradually decline in "being myself." I sought the advice of my Rx doctor and also my pcp, with a difference on how to get off this awful Rx! Te Rx doctor told me to do 1 week of 30mf and than to cease te Rx, my pcp told me 1 week of 30mg and than to do every other day. Neither of these have worked for me! After about 35 hours I begin to feel the withdrawals everyone of you have mentioned, the zingers, the vertigo, dizzy, etc. I consulted the pharmacy about triturating down further and was told that cymbalta does not offer a lower dose than 30 mg and that a compounding Rx would not lower the dose down further for me. I was also advised not to try and load my own pills with a lower dose. I am feeling trapped and pissed that no one advised me of the seriousness of these side effects! Has anyone else gone beyond what is recommended and made their own lower low doses of cymbalta and how long will these side effects endure? Ive read anywhere from 2 weeks or longer! I am the mother of two small toddler boys, 1 with autism and I need my brain to work correctly! I can't quit being a parent due to the withdrawals! If anyone had advice, I'll gladly take it And I'd even be willing to post my phone number if someone would rather take to me versus posting on the website. It's bad enough that I have the chronic pain, but feeling crazy is way worse! Help me!!

I am not sure how long you were on 60 mg but I would suggest that you should take them apart carfully and as I mentioned below take out a small percentage and with a 30 mg capsule that would be about 28 spheres each day for 10 to 20 days depending on how long you have been taking. I too cant get a smaller dosage than 30 mg and will take out an additional 28 spheres each week going down by 10% each week until they are almost empty. If you are on 60 it will take longer but it would bring your levels down slower and safer this way in my opinion than just stopping something your brain has gotten used to having daily.

Best wishes☺

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users