#1 Uriel

Uriel

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:06 AM

Hi
Just thought i'd put this out there. As I was put on cymbalta for post surgery pain.
My pharmacist told me that once weaned off this if you were not put on it for depression you won't have depression when your off it. So far the weaning is going well . I find i am exhausted the first two or three days my dose drops then i just have a slight nauseau feeling until the next drop. Other than that i feel pretty well , feel like i am back in the world of the living and not numb to it all. Dropping 2mg every 10 days. I am going to shorten it to seven days as i want off this by summer. I am down to 20mg from 30mg. I think the next drop i am doing is 4mg so down to 16 then if i can do it down to 8 then off

#2 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    I c/t'd from 60mg in 2009. Went back on and started tapering. Spent the next 4 years trying to get off. It was very difficult. Finally stopped at 17 beads on Dec.4, 2013.

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:23 PM

I really hope your pharmacist is right. I wasn't put on Cymbalta for depression or anxiety.

I've had some pretty bad anxiety while tapering, but it's gone, hopefully for good. I'm in

the process of trying to do a crossover to Celexa. Going well so far.

#3 Uriel

Uriel

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:39 PM

How are you weaning? I had wicked anxiety when i tried to go cold turkey. Since I have been going slowly i haven't had any. I know once i am down to 8mg when i drop off that i am going to have withdrawls but hopefully it won't be as severe. I plan to go off it the wk in april that i am off work so at least i can not have the stress of trying to work while going thru whatever it will be like. I use a product called Rescue Remedy it's homeopathic for anxiety if i need it .It is a liquid you just put drops under your tongue and i take magnesium at bedtime it is good for your nervous system.

#4 tomitsu

tomitsu

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:30 AM

I wasnt on it for depression either but The last 4 days have been a living hell. I am feeling deep and dark depression. I've never been depressed like this EVER!! I used to get bluesy but this is pure hell. I thought I was handling the weaning fine until 4 days ago!!! BAM!! I feel fear of tomorrow...I feel so much anxiety I have to go lie in bed...
I have feelings of being trapped and tunnel vision. I cannot see beyond hours - cannot see the big picture at all. I used to be very socially active online and thru my biz....now last 4 days have been spent struggling. I never miss a day at my business which I run with my dear husband...now I am bed ridden and depressed. I am on nearly day 30 of completely being off CYMbalta. Good luck.

#5 Uriel

Uriel

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:06 AM

I wasnt on it for depression either but The last 4 days have been a living hell. I am feeling deep and dark depression. I've never been depressed like this EVER!! I used to get bluesy but this is pure hell. I thought I was handling the weaning fine until 4 days ago!!! BAM!! I feel fear of tomorrow...I feel so much anxiety I have to go lie in bed...
I have feelings of being trapped and tunnel vision. I cannot see beyond hours - cannot see the big picture at all. I used to be very socially active online and thru my biz....now last 4 days have been spent struggling. I never miss a day at my business which I run with my dear husband...now I am bed ridden and depressed. I am on nearly day 30 of completely being off CYMbalta. Good luck.

HI
Did you wean off it or go cold turkey? Just wondering . Are you doing any supplements.
There are many i have found thru reading posts that work well.
369 Omega oils is great for the head stuff
SAM-E is another thing for the low feelings google it , it may help
Sorry to hear your still having such a rough go of it.

#6 Uriel

Uriel

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

HI
Just thought i'd update . Down to 12mg so far just a headache the first day of the drop.
My body is feeling so much better have lots of energy finally back to feeling like myself again. I have one more drop to go then i'm off this crap. Going slowly has really been the key for me with few side affects. My dr is very happy with the way things have been going with the weaning process and hardly any side affects after the 7 day of hell when i tried to go cold turkey. Feeling much more optomistic glad it's almost over.

#7 happyzapynot

happyzapynot

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

HI
Just thought i'd update . Down to 12mg so far just a headache the first day of the drop.
My body is feeling so much better have lots of energy finally back to feeling like myself again. I have one more drop to go then i'm off this crap. Going slowly has really been the key for me with few side affects. My dr is very happy with the way things have been going with the weaning process and hardly any side affects after the 7 day of hell when i tried to go cold turkey. Feeling much more optomistic glad it's almost over.

Glad to hear that! :D

#8 sun1969shine

sun1969shine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:31 PM

I have been on the devil drug for two years, I was on 120mg, I decided I no longer needed it due to change in circumstances. I will never ever take another drug for this again. I weened down to 60, then 30, took 30mg for 3 weeks and had no idea what I was in for, hot cold flashes, not keeping solid food down, or much liquid for that matter, brain buzzes or shivers, fatigue, disorientation just to name a few, those are the worst ones, and I'm trying to work a full time job. I go to walmart and have to nap in car before going in. I called and begged doc for samples to continue weening. My ins does not cover any mental issues including meds and appts. I just want relief, have never been through anything so tuff.

#9 Uriel

Uriel

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

Hi
Apr 20
Last drop and 9 days to go hoooorahhhhh....8 mg and counting the days.
I think i will still have some withdrawl but i don't expect it to be too bad.
I will keep you posted.

#10 happyzapynot

happyzapynot

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:51 AM

Hi
Apr 20
Last drop and 9 days to go hoooorahhhhh....8 mg and counting the days.
I think i will still have some withdrawl but i don't expect it to be too bad.
I will keep you posted.

Congrats, Uriel! I've been in withdrawal since the middle of March. Thank God, I'm through the worst of it now but still having brain zaps!
Interested in reading your next post! Perhaps you should write a book: HOW I WITHDREW FROM CYMBALTA IN 10,000 EASY GRANULES! Given the way doctors prescribe the stuff it will be a best seller!

#11 cymbaltavictim1010

cymbaltavictim1010

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationLONDON
  • why_joining:
    BECAUSE I WANT THIS DRUG BANNED AND WITHDRAWN AND SOME OFFICIAL REHABILITATION PROGRAMME ESTABLISHED

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:17 AM

I am very sorry that you are all suffering the same way I did. I have now been off Cymbalta for two months and am very happy to tell you that all the withdrawal symptoms will gradually subside. Just bear with it. My advice on weaning is to break open the capsules, dip your finger in some water and at the first sign of brain zaps, mop up a few granules and eat them. Take as little duloxetine as you can bear to hold off the symptoms. Try to wean yourself off as quickly as possible. When the zaps become tolerable (unbelievably they will) just STOP TAKING ANY CYMBALTA AT ALL.

Cymbalta destroyed my life (not least because my marriage has now been irreparably damaged). I am now successfully rebuilding my life. I hope you can too. If you want any advice please don't hesitate to contact me.

#12 Uriel

Uriel

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

HI
Day two of my drop to 8mg and feeling pretty crappy , very sick feeling.
Don't think i have taken enough gravol. This is the worst i have felt thru this whole process. I feel like i have a major hangover if that makes any sense.
Part of me wants to just stop them this wk completely since i am off work and tough it out and see if my symptoms will subside in a couple days since i have done this slowly.
Man this sucks.

#13 happyzapynot

happyzapynot

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:15 AM

HI
Don't think i have taken enough gravol. This is the worst i have felt thru this whole process. I feel like i have a major hangover if that makes any sense.
Part of me wants to just stop them this wk completely since i am off work and tough it out and see if my symptoms will subside in a couple days since i have done this slowly.
Man this sucks.

I hope so. We should all have known that anything affecting TWO neurotransmitters simultaneously is going to become an 800# gorilla. 8mg. Amazing.

#14 Uriel

Uriel

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

Hi
800# goriila perfect description. Feel better today but the head is light and dizzy.
I think I am going to do it and quit so tomorrow will be my 1st day off. Will see how it goes. I need this to be OVER. I think with being on vacation this wk i hope the worst of the symptoms will be gone by the time i go to work. I think by weaning down it shouldn't be too much worse than what i am feeling this wk as of 4:00 the withdrawl symptoms start.
I'll let you know how it goes B)

#15 melly

melly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

HI
Man this sucks.

Hi Uriel;
I am on day 3 of 3mg and feel much the same as you. I thought it would not be as bad this week as I am on so little. On Sunday I will be completely off. I have been taking 2 gravol every 6 hrs.Last night I thought my head would explode, it even hurt to touch my head. This is so crazy. Mel

#16 Uriel

Uriel

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

Hi
Welli stopped completely on Tuesday couldn't see the sense in having withdrawl and then taking a pill to start the whole process again. I am feeling not to bad . The first day i slept until 12:00 noon. Today I was up early I am dizzy in the morning and a slight buzzing in my head with some nausea. I just take a ginger gravol and it seems to help. I have a wicked appetite again though by suppertime. I am eating good healthy meals and also drinking gatorade. I'ts not as bad as i thought it would be like the cold turkey the first time i tried , i think weaning down does make it alot easier. Looking forward to a great summer since i feel like i lost a yr of my life. I go back to work next wk so i hope each day gets a bit easier. B)

#17 Uriel

Uriel

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:10 AM

HI
Day 4 off the drug. Feeling better today than the past three days. Not as dizzy this morning. I think the milk thistle really makes a difference in cleaning this drug out of your body. Glad i decided to quite after weaning for 4mths. :rolleyes:

#18 happyzapynot

happyzapynot

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

HI
Day 4 off the drug. Feeling better today than the past three days. Not as dizzy this morning. I think the milk thistle really makes a difference in cleaning this drug out of your body. Glad i decided to quite after weaning for 4mths. :rolleyes:

SO glad to hear you are feeling better! I've been on milk thistle since my second week of withdrawal. Do you mean my experience could have been WORSE? :P Thank God for REAL medicine - the kind that HELPS without harming.

#19 Uriel

Uriel

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

Hi
Not bad for day 4 i woke up feeling good a bit of nausea and dizziness but not as bad as yesterday . The thing i really find weird is when i move my eyes to look left or right to quick i get dizzy. What is this drug that it affects that. I find if i eat i feel better lots of protein. Felt good thru the day a bit lightheaded and the eye movement needs to be slow then before dinner i got very nauseated again took a ginger gravol had dinner and feel better but i am very tired . We'll see how day 5 shapes up tomorrow.

#20 melly

melly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

Hi
Not bad for day 4 i woke up feeling good a bit of nausea and dizziness but not as bad as yesterday . The thing i really find weird is when i move my eyes to look left or right to quick i get dizzy. What is this drug that it affects that. I find if i eat i feel better lots of protein. Felt good thru the day a bit lightheaded and the eye movement needs to be slow then before dinner i got very nauseated again took a ginger gravol had dinner and feel better but i am very tired . We'll see how day 5 shapes up tomorrow.

Hi Uriel, this happened to me when i once ran out of the dreaded drug. It made me dizzy when I moved my eyes and felt like the image was trailing. Tomorrow will be day 1 off cymbalta for me.

#21 Uriel

Uriel

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

Hi Uriel, this happened to me when i once ran out of the dreaded drug. It made me dizzy when I moved my eyes and felt like the image was trailing. Tomorrow will be day 1 off cymbalta for me.

Hi
I found that off this drug i have really bad vertigo, i found a homeopathic today called Vertigoheel which is giving me alot of relief from the dizziness . Good luck with your withdrawl . This is one of the toughest things i have ever been thru as most people on here i think would feel the same.

#22 Uriel

Uriel

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

Hi
Day 8 I am finally starting to see the light........no gravol today , my vertigo was very mild today, sleeping great. Finally I feel like this chapter is almost over.
Good luck to all !

#23 Uriel

Uriel

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:00 PM

Hellooooooo

Well it's week three off the evil cymbalta and life is soooooooo good. Feeling great
no more withdrawl symptoms there is alight at the end of the tunnel my friends.
Hang in there :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users