• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 markwillplay

markwillplay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

I have been coming here for about 2 weeks or so. I took cymbalta 30mg/day for 17 days...for pain. I decided to get off of it. Quit pretty juch cold turkey but did alternate every other day for about a week. Anyway, the worst by far were days 5-8 with day 6 and 7 being the absolute worst. I have had same symptoms as people here. This past Sunday night, I did not have a brain zapp until Monday morning when I woke up and I felt better all day. Then I did not have any on Tuesdeay or Wednesday nights (what a relief) and slept without sleeping meds (although I still felt less than good during the day in patches). Yesterday was by far the best day with no skinn irritation to speak of. I thought I was out of the woods...then last night...bam!!! They hit me like a freight train. Woke up with that heart beating out of chest feeling and brain zapps coming in like war planes. Got hardly no sleep. I am on all the omega 3 stuff and supplementing like crazy. This is actually day 17 (same number of days I took it)and although I am not as bad as I was in those middle days, I have the skin irritation and electrib buzz feeling again.

Has anyone gone through this..felt good after 14 or 15 days and then had it bounce back on them? I would love to hear from you.

And for all those in the very worst of it..hold on, it will improve...maybe slowly, but it will.

#2 lemonade

lemonade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:17 AM

I don't know if I can help but I too have had return symptoms I was on cymbalta 60mg for 1 month and it is day37 for me people ask me how I am doing and I tell them I am afraid to say because just when I think things are good they change. Ive had 5 good days in a row now. my big problem was being dizzy for that I started physical therapy a week ago. I think that is why I am better I hope you feel better soon.

#3 actinfunny

actinfunny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationEast TN
  • why_joining:
    Spread the wrongs about Cymbalta

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:56 AM

I have been coming here for about 2 weeks or so. I took cymbalta 30mg/day for 17 days...for pain. I decided to get off of it. Quit pretty juch cold turkey but did alternate every other day for about a week. Anyway, the worst by far were days 5-8 with day 6 and 7 being the absolute worst. I have had same symptoms as people here. This past Sunday night, I did not have a brain zapp until Monday morning when I woke up and I felt better all day. Then I did not have any on Tuesdeay or Wednesday nights (what a relief) and slept without sleeping meds (although I still felt less than good during the day in patches). Yesterday was by far the best day with no skinn irritation to speak of. I thought I was out of the woods...then last night...bam!!! They hit me like a freight train. Woke up with that heart beating out of chest feeling and brain zapps coming in like war planes. Got hardly no sleep. I am on all the omega 3 stuff and supplementing like crazy. This is actually day 17 (same number of days I took it)and although I am not as bad as I was in those middle days, I have the skin irritation and electrib buzz feeling again.

Has anyone gone through this..felt good after 14 or 15 days and then had it bounce back on them? I would love to hear from you.

And for all those in the very worst of it..hold on, it will improve...maybe slowly, but it will.

What are brain zapps?

#4 actinfunny

actinfunny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationEast TN
  • why_joining:
    Spread the wrongs about Cymbalta

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:59 AM

What are brain zapps?

I HAVE BEEN OFF IT FOR 6 MONTHS AND STILL HAVE SOME RELAPSE SYMPTOMS,I GUESS IT IS LIKE LSD AND WE WILL HAVE FLASHBACKS FOREVER FROM PERM NEURON DAMAGE

#5 markwillplay

markwillplay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

I certainly hopw not. My Dr. was on it for 2 years and quit cold turkey and said it went away after a few weeks. I am on day 23 and it seems to be getting slightly better. I still itch and have a few zapps at night (mostly when I relax). I have hoshimoto's and have just now gotten my numbers to normal level so I hope that my metabolism speeding up will help it move on. I did not know I had it..this is all like the perfect storm. I do have a holistic doc (knows more about auto immune desiease than my endocrinologist I think)and I have been on a detox diet and taking tons of fish oil (Omega 3) and suppliments. This Cymbalta battle was the last thing I needed. I should be feeling way better with my thyroid numbers normal but the symptoms from this crap cover everything up. Anyway, can anyohe testify from the other sicde?? I want to hear from someone who has been there and experienced all the worst and then fully recovered. Wow, only 17 days taking it...unbelievable. p[oison..sorry..it is poison.

#6 happyzapynot

happyzapynot

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:29 AM

I had the SAME experience. Two good days then an evening of strong chills and shivering, muscle aches on March 27. The next day I felt miserable, angry and tired. That afternoon my temp. was 99.2.

Itching like crazy and having bronchial tightness. Check out this link: http://chestjournal..../131/3/901.long
this relates to PIES. I'm trying to find out if the tightness in my chest, very mind dry cough, are related to Cymbalta poisoning. Another little torment!

I'm doing everything I can to warn people that Cymbalta can cause suicidal ideation and a host of other problems, including heart problems: http://www.livestron...-complications/

Thanks for your post!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users