• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Hopeforhappiness

Hopeforhappiness

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:57 AM

Hello everyone I am new here. After much research I came across this forum which is a godsend. I recently started taking anti depressants in mid January. I began taking Zoloft which made me feel horrible inside. Instead of feeling happier I felt numb to everything. I also noticed I had no loving feelings towards my family,friends,classmates, or most importantly my boyfriend. After about less then three weeks I met with my doctor and told her everything how I was feeling. My boyfriend joined me at my appointment. It seemed the anti depressant was destroying the loving,genuine, caring feelings I once had for him before I started taking these meds. My doctor took me off Zoloft and gave me three sample bottles of Cymbalta. She said it was worth a shot. (IF I ONLY KNEW!) So I began taking 30 mgs of cymbalta every night for that next week. But just as I thought things were going to get better it took a turn for the worst. I no longer got up in the morning to go to school. I was constantly leaving early from a short shift at work because I felt as if I was going to have a mental breakdown. I abandoned my friends I have had for years. I went from loving music to not even enjoying listening to it. My whole life I have been extremly close to my mother and constantly opened up to her looking for advice. But not in this situation. I began lying to her, telling her I was doing fine because I didnt want her to know how I was feeling inside. But the worst returned....I once again felt as if I had no love for my boyfriend anymore. I would have thoughts inside my head thinking that I shouldint be with him and kept pushing him away. Only to find that when I had the thought of loosing him in my life I would have severe anxiety. I ran to friends and my family for advice who all said I had been acting differently and hearing me considering leaving my boyfriend was insaine in their eyes. Enough was enough. I went back to my doctor and told her that Cymbalta was even worse and that I wanted my feelings back. She quickly told me to stop taking it and to take a medical leave from school until I was doing better. She then prescribed me Lamicital but I am not taking it just yet. It will be a week today since I have taken Cymbalta or any anti depressants for that matter. I have been experiancing the whole nine yards of withdrawl symptoms. Nausea,tiredness,headaches,brain zaps,aggression, and quick mood swings. I am still feeling numb however. :( Will I return to my normal self?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users