Photo

In Retrospect, Cymbalta Almost Destroyed Me!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 happyzapynot

happyzapynot

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:15 AM

I started reducing Cymbalta (time release) to one/day about three weeks ago BECAUSE I COULD NOT TOLERATE THE SUN. I have a large garden and the weather here has been unusually warm. The sun, even when there was a plesant breeze, made me feel so drained and irritated that I simply could not tolerate it. I took my next to last capsule on March 17, 2012. I was not expecting any major withdrawal symptoms because I cut the dose gradually. Ha! The joke is on me! I am now realizing that Cymbalta, far from helping with depression, sent me into something much worse. I thought it was just me, menopause, situational, whatever. I now see how Cymbalta changed me from the time I started taking it in August,2010 until the events of July,2011, which culminated in two suicide attempts & a domestic violence charge. I've had MAJOR EPISODES of depression since I was a child but never attempted suicide, even in the worst of the worst times. There have been times when I could not function: couldn't do school work, couldn't go to a job, couldn't even manage a small household. There have been times when I could not speak because the oppression was so heavy but even then, I never considered suicide. My second husband was so mean and unreasonable that I despaired of life in the short time that I was with him. I wanted to give up and die but I did not plan or seriously consider suicide.
That all changed in the early summer of 2011. I look back and see how Cymbalta made me much more aggressive than I have ever been but at the time I did not realize what was causing my strange behavior. It got worse. Cold, logical suicidial ideation took hold effortlessly. I won't go into the details but I know beyond all doubt that I am alive and free (not in prison) because the Word of God was so deeply planted in my heart and 'came forth' before death could gain the upper hand.
Cymbalta should only be prescribed for intransigent cases of depression AND the patient must be closely monitored by someone who has enough common sense to pick up on dangerous personality and thought distortions.
Thanks for this site. Knowing that other people are being adversely affected by this medication has helped me make sense of some things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users